Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   good time RPG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361780)

TheJubilantMale 03-22-2007 06:31 PM

good time RPG

recently i've had an itch to pick up a RPG again. (haven't played one in years)

previously i have played diablo 2, might and magic 6, 7, 8 and 9 and prob a couple others i don't remember.

considered elder scrolls IV: oblivion BUT it seems like it's a bit bigger than i would like with its 150-200 hrs.

Generally dislike FPS's, and like strategy and thinking. Love me a good storyline.

So Videogamer's: What game do I buy?

swede123 03-22-2007 06:39 PM

Re: good time RPG

Check out Neverwinter Nights 2. You can control multiple party members, there's a ton of character customization (using D&D 3.5 rules) and the gaming allows single player or multiplayer fun.

Swede

TheJubilantMale 03-22-2007 07:26 PM

thx. will read up on it.

THAY3R 03-22-2007 09:09 PM

It sounds like you could like Final Fantasy Tactics, though it's a tactical/strategy RPG, not a true RPG.

SleeperHE 03-23-2007 11:42 AM

If you like post-apocalyptic type stuff you might consider Fallout 1 & 2. Both are bargain bin specials...

FallOut

FallOut 2

IMO Fallout 2 is better... but they are both fun.

gumpzilla 03-23-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you like post-apocalyptic type stuff you might consider Fallout 1 & 2. Both are bargain bin specials...

FallOut

FallOut 2

IMO Fallout 2 is better... but they are both fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved Fallout and gave up on Fallout 2 about halfway through. They are very similar, but there's a hugely discontinuous transform from wuss to god in Fallout 2, in my experience.

g-bebe 03-23-2007 02:39 PM

I tried playing both Fallouts last year. They were just so slow paced for me... I could never do what I wanted to do.

Rootabager 03-23-2007 03:22 PM

Star Wars: Knights of the old republic. It's a awesome fun game. You will absolutly love it. I think it won game of the year or something a couple years ago.

Oblivion is a huge time consuming game. It's really really great, and i was addicted to it for awhile . But if you dont want to play the hell out it. dont start it.

TheJubilantMale 03-23-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Star Wars: Knights of the old republic. It's a awesome fun game. You will absolutly love it. I think it won game of the year or something a couple years ago.

Oblivion is a huge time consuming game. It's really really great, and i was addicted to it for awhile . But if you dont want to play the hell out it. dont start it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i thought.

i'll take a trip to my local game shop and see if they have any of the games mentioned here. but i wont be albe to go there till mon tuesday