Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Never played a final fantasy game. crazy? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361396)

gooooot 03-22-2007 09:24 AM

Never played a final fantasy game. crazy?

Hi all. Even though i have played many games over by life, i have never played a Final Fantasy game.

Although i do like rpg and strategy games, its just never appealed to me and now that there are like 12 of them.

would it be possible to start playin 12 without worrying about what's happened in the previous 11?

phillydilly 03-22-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Never played a final fantasy game. crazy?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all. Even though i have played many games over by life, i have never played a Final Fantasy game.

Although i do like rpg and strategy games, its just never appealed to me and now that there are like 12 of them.

would it be possible to start playin 12 without worrying about what's happened in the previous 11?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd start with VII. One of the greatest games ever made.

WilliamLowe 03-22-2007 02:05 PM

I'd agree with playing 7, but add in 6/3 as well. With the exception of X and X-2, the games are not related though. So you can start wherever you like.

MediaPA 03-22-2007 02:08 PM

Yup, you'll miss out on some of the character/item names that get carried through the series, but it's no big deal.

I actually own VII and have never played it, my old roommate beat it though (I think). Maybe I'll go back and play it once I get back into XII (got stuck and didn't feel like using an FAQ)

Soul Daddy 03-22-2007 02:32 PM

I recently played FFVI as my first of the series. It's pretty sweet. I get the feeling I'm missing out on some references, but the story is very self-contained. I can't speak to the rest of the series, but I imagine they're all this way.

Freakin 03-22-2007 02:36 PM

I've never played one either.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Jack Bando 03-22-2007 02:56 PM

Play FF6, FF7, FF Tactics, and FF Adventure for the Game Boy if you can find it.

B&O99 03-22-2007 03:10 PM

Final Fantasy is in general overrated.

FF7 is very good though.

Neil S 03-22-2007 03:47 PM

Most Final Fantasies are boring I think, and easy to miss. Final Fantasy was good, Final Fantasy V was good, and Final Fantasy XII was good so far, to me. V is probably the best.

g-bebe 03-22-2007 04:32 PM

Final Fantasy I. Must play. The rest are wannabes.