Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Poorly written Hosting Reseller site making me good money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360033)

Ron_Mexico 03-20-2007 08:08 PM

Poorly written Hosting Reseller site making me good money

I threw this site together in about 10 mins just to see if I could make any sales and test out this affiliate. I was supprised to see that even though the content was written very poorly I still have been able to make sales. I am going to totaly redisign this site. Reselling hosting seems to be popular. Take a look and you will see what I mean. It realy didnt take very long and I hope that I can realy increase my sales if I make a better looking site with interesting content and add in a little SEO and adword.

[site link deleted]

Sniper 03-20-2007 08:17 PM

Re: Poorly written Hosting Reseller site making me good money

Hey Ron,

Be careful about making claims that don't stand up, with regards to earnings potential...

Ron_Mexico 03-20-2007 08:38 PM

I think they totaly stand up. I do not personaly do this but I know a lot of website designers who do. They make quick little form websites and throw them up on Ebay. They sell the actual sites for cheap, but they make a lot on the hosting. They probably wouldnt like it that I tell everyone about this, but I think that it is common knowlege. I might start doing it myself if I get some extra time.

Freakin 03-20-2007 09:38 PM

I can't believe anyone seriously wants to be a webhosting provider...

real time services suck ass...

Ron_Mexico 03-21-2007 01:15 AM

Can you provide more information. A lot of people I know wont mess with adsense but do this. Why do you think its a bad business?

Misfire 03-21-2007 02:57 AM

Define "good money" plz

Freakin 03-21-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you provide more information. A lot of people I know wont mess with adsense but do this. Why do you think its a bad business?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are offering a service to a customer (like hosting), then you are responsible for answering questions and fixing problems as they arise. hosting is considered a 'real time service', so you basically need to fix problems within a certain timeframe after they are reported to you.

people I know who have run 'hosting companies' basically said they didn't have any time off for like 3 years.

it may be right for some people, but it is a business I could easily have many clients for but will never run.

BradleyT 03-21-2007 12:46 PM

My last job was a web developer at a small company. We had about 106 domains we hosted for probably 30-50 clients. Even though we only paid about $5/month per account (for whatever reason my bosses didn't want to get a dedicated server) and charged them $30-$50 per month but all it takes is 1 support issue from a client and their monthly profit is eaten up.

Ron_Mexico 03-21-2007 04:03 PM

How does 1 support issue eat up all your profits? You are paying $5 per account and charging $30-$50.

P.S. I do not realy care about reselling hosting I am exited about my affiliate that pays $100 per sale I make.

Misfire 03-21-2007 04:10 PM

I'd guess the time-value of fixing the problem.