Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   comments please (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359990)

ncskiier 03-20-2007 07:25 PM

comments please

No stats on villian, first round.

Full Tilt Poker
$/$ No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP3: $243.50
CO: $28
BTN: $178
SB: $54
Hero (BB): $40
UTG: $147
UTG+1: $90
MP1: $143
MP2: $182

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $4</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($18, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">River:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($26, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4

Please comment on all streets.

earlytimes1 03-20-2007 07:35 PM

Re: comments please

honestly, I c/f flop. even if you're winning, you're vulnerable to a lot of cards, and if you make your flush, I think you're only getting a lot of action from bigger flushes, and extracting little value from hands you're beating. I think you're looking at tremendous reverse implied odds here.

ncskiier 03-20-2007 07:56 PM

I see your point, thanks.
The flop c/r was more for info. I still thought it was likely that he was on a big spade. And picking up additional outs on the turn kept me around.

tyler_cracker 03-20-2007 08:29 PM

c/f flop is really terrible in this, a steal/defense situation.

c/r for info is equally terrible. i mean, he 3bet you, but you call down anyway, so what "info" were you hoping to get?

i like the flop c/r, but it's for value, protection, and occasionally to fold out a 99/TT.

i like the river lead because he is checking behind with a lot of worse hands that he would call with (overpairs, AJ). i guess you should fold to the raise, but that's tough against an unknown when the pot is reasonably large.

also, why don't you switch to a converter that doesn't think your hands are NL hands and that provides useful pot size information.

ncskiier 03-20-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i like the flop c/r, but it's for value, protection, and occasionally to fold out a 99/TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I meant "for value". LOL.
Anyway, after that faux pas I can't get away, right?