Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Where does Kobe rank among NBA superstars? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359656)

zer0 03-20-2007 12:29 PM

Where does Kobe rank among NBA superstars?

I've always believed that the difference between Kobe and any of 5-6 sg/sf type players wouldn't mean the difference between an NBA championship in the earlier Shaq years. Now that we've seen him on his own, where does he rate? I don't know best how to come to the conclusion, whether you're trying to build a franchise or win this year. Base your decision off either assumption. Is it unrealistic to think that Kobe is in the same group as guys like Carmelo Anthony, Tracy McGrady, Paul Pierce, and Gilbert Arenas, right below the top shelf of Lebron/Wade?

Clarkmeister 03-20-2007 12:31 PM

Re: Where does Kobe rank among NBA superstars?

He's the best player in the league. So I guess he ranks pretty high.

EvanJC 03-20-2007 12:33 PM

chaseUdown 03-20-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct

DrewDevil 03-20-2007 12:41 PM

zer0 03-20-2007 12:55 PM

dammit. carry on.

gusmahler 03-20-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it unrealistic to think that Kobe is in the same group as guys like Carmelo Anthony, Tracy McGrady, Paul Pierce, and Gilbert Arenas, right below the top shelf of Lebron/Wade?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's not in the same group as Anthony, McGrady, Pierce, or Arenas. He's way above them.

ThaSaltCracka 03-20-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it unrealistic to think that Kobe is in the same group as guys like Carmelo Anthony, Tracy McGrady, Paul Pierce, and Gilbert Arenas,

[/ QUOTE ] Its unrealistic to think these guys are anywhere near Kobe's level. T-Mac and Pierce will never get to his level, Carmelo isn't the same type of player, so he won't get to Kobe's level, and if Gilbert learns to play D, maybe he gets to Kobe's level. I am not even sure that Wade is at Kobe's level. I think all signs point to Lebron either getting to his level, or even surpasing it.

CharlieDontSurf 03-20-2007 12:59 PM

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>everyone else.

How the Lakers haven't managed to get him any help is beyond me. I hate the Lakers but it is such a waste especially when you have Jackson back coaching the team.

ThaSaltCracka 03-20-2007 12:59 PM

I also want to add Kobe shats all over Nash.