Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Why do we hate donkeys? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359575)

chezwiz75 03-20-2007 10:18 AM

Why do we hate donkeys?

Why is it that I get soooo angry while playing someone that hasn't a clue! I should actually be happy while playing a donk because in the long run that is who I get the money from. Yet everytime they suck out after putting their money in way behind it really {censored} pisses me off.

Why is that?

zuluking 03-20-2007 10:25 AM

Re: Why do we hate donkeys?

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you have no real grasp of what poker is really all about?

chezwiz75 03-20-2007 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you have no real grasp of what poker is really all about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the quality post!

zuluking 03-20-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the quality post!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just following your lead. Ever hear of the 'search' function? Had you used it, you would have already answered your own question.

Hoi Polloi 03-20-2007 11:21 AM

In hold'em, AA is going to win HU about 4/5 times. Would you rather turn your hand face up as you bet and have everyone fold, or would you rather have a caller getting the worst of it, recognizing that in the long-term the caller will win 1/5 times?

You look down at AA: do you think you've won the hand?

Mike 03-20-2007 11:36 AM

It's not the quality of their play, it is the quantity at the table. A few poor players is a great game, most of the table makes for a less than optimal situation.

AbreuTime 03-20-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not the quality of their play, it is the quantity at the table. A few poor players is a great game, most of the table makes for a less than optimal situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love playing 6max NL (online) with a table full of donkeys. I can imagine how full ring (live) could be frustrating.

Freelancer 03-20-2007 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying you want less donkeys on your table? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If your results get worse if a lot of donkeys sit on your table than your not adapting properly.

If you don't love to have donkeys on your table (assuming your there to win money) than you have a fundemental misunderstanding of the game. Donkeys make mistakes, if they make mistakes and you learn how to abuse those mistake you will make money and they will lose money in the long run. So having donkeys on your table brings in the big bucks, so saying you hate donkeys is quite faulty logic.

I must say they can be quite annoying though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bernie 03-20-2007 11:59 AM

Because you're junk is too far on the table and you take it too personal when you lose. When you take it personal, it's your ego talking. Here's a hint: Nobody cares about your ego.

It's on thing to hate lady luck and all, fine, but another to hate the players just because they're playing the game the way they like to.

Entitlement sucks.

And yes, as zuluking mentioned, alot of times these thoughts are from people who really haven't bought in on where the money comes from in these games(they say they know, but they sure don't act like it) and overestmate any edge they may have.

b

bernie 03-20-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like maximum value?

b