Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   two questionable 99 hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358515)

luckychewy 03-19-2007 02:09 AM

two questionable 99 hands

first one is from the ftp 163 40k gurantee...

new table, i've been here for an orbit or two and i open utg to 240 at 40/80 with ~3.3k behind. co cold calls and has ~1.7k after the call. only read is he has a donkyish name. flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. i check(?), he bets pot(600) after thinking for a few seconds, your play? fwiw i have the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

second one is from the 215 sunday mulligan on ftp...

i open utg to 1950 at the 400/800/100 level with ~18k and the utg+1 player who has shown to be loose/passive preflop and seemingly straightfoward post flop calls. everyone else folds so it's hu to the flop of 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. fwiw i have no club. i check(?) and he checks. turn is a J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. i check(?) and he bets 3200 fairly quickly into the ~5kish pot. i call without much thought. river is a 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. i check and he bets 3200 again. i have ~13k left. thoughts?

EDIT: yes in hand 2 villain has me covered, he started the hand with over 20k.

0evg0 03-19-2007 02:20 AM

Re: two questionable 99 hands

hand 1 - check/folding here is pretty gross IMO, so it's between c/s and b/c. and i think b/c is much better because draws (both flush and pair+gutshot) will check behind on turn a lot but always shove over your bet.

hand 2 - cbet flop. as played, (i'm assuming he covers) i'd bet/3bet turn and c/shove river sometimes too if he just calls your turn lead

luckychewy 03-19-2007 02:27 AM

hand 1 i'm sure your right. i was really lost here but in the future when i flop a pair and a gssd when a probable donkish opponent has less than 3x pot i'll just try to get it in. i also agree b/c is better cause he will be checking draws very often, and unless i have a read he's going to try and bluff me i should just bet. anyway...

hand 2 i was going to fold flop if he bet. he had shown no willingness to bluff yet and he called my utg raise right next to me. i guess leading flop is okay if i think he will call with smaller pairs or sometimes peel ace high, and i think betting turn is probably best...but if i bet turn and get raised i think it's an ez fold vs. this type of player. what worse hand do you see him raising with, or what better hand do you see him raise/folding with?

flyingmoose 03-19-2007 02:33 AM

evg is right about hand 1.

Hand 2, given your description, I think you should lead the flop with a plan to re-evaluate the turn if he calls and fold if he raises.