Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1-2 Live @ Borgata: Overpair W/Position Facing Pot-Sized Bet on Flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356281)

TheDaubfather 03-15-2007 10:42 PM

1-2 Live @ Borgata: Overpair W/Position Facing Pot-Sized Bet on Flop

1-2 live game at the Borgata. First hand of the day, so no reads on anybody. It's Saturday afternoon, so the games are usually juicy.

I have exactly $300 and Villan in this hand has me slightly covered.

I post my $2 in the hijack seat and look down to see Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1 raises to $8, folded to me and I re-pop it to $25. Everyone folds to Villan and he calls.

Flop comes down 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+1 bets $50 into a $53 dollar pot.

Raise? Call? Fold? here with no reads? I would appreciate help on this, I thought about it for a while.

Lash 03-15-2007 10:56 PM

Re: 1-2 Live @ Borgata: Overpair W/Position Facing Pot-Sized Bet on Flop

Calling is best due to the texture of the board, the strength of your hand, the fact that your opponent only called your 3 bet pf, and the fact that you have position. Your opponent is likely drawing to 2 outs, possibly 5, is bluffing, or has you crushed.

TheDaubfather 03-15-2007 11:05 PM

Re: 1-2 Live @ Borgata: Overpair W/Position Facing Pot-Sized Bet on Fl

I thought being crushed was the least likely option, because I thought (hoped) he wasn't playing a set that way. Is call > raise?

Lash 03-15-2007 11:15 PM

"Is call > raise"

Readless etc. ... IMHO yes, but at the same time it's much easier to give that recommendation than follow it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] BTW I also count AA and KK as having you crushed, but that is not the most important thing here. It's your position and the times he's bluffing or behind & drawing slim that are most important.

Maulik 04-05-2007 11:47 PM

if you call the flop, you're putting the rest of your stack in on the turn and river ...

lifes3ps 04-06-2007 12:19 AM

i call, re-eval the turn, lean towards folding as a default. if he checks i check behind and call most riv bets. then again it is 1/2 live...

AmIAFishy2? 04-06-2007 12:48 AM

yeah man this is 1/2 live lol

against your standard opponent if you call flop he'll put you on AK (this is what they always put you on) and he might go all in on turn with like sevens to charge you to draw....