Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Gutshot + 2 overs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354748)

luckbalks 03-14-2007 04:08 AM

Gutshot + 2 overs

Villain is 69/23/4.

Fold the flop here even though villain is crazy? And what to do on the turn?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $21.35
MP: $7.80
CO: $24.85
Hero (BTN): $20.65
SB: $28.4
BB: $16.1

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.50</font>, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero calls $0.50, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.85, 3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.85</font>, MP calls $1.85, Hero calls $1.85

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($7.4, 3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $7.40</font>, MP calls all in for $5.45, <font color="red">Hero ?

spyderracing 03-14-2007 04:22 AM

Re: Gutshot + 2 overs

If you're going to play this I raise pf, but I don't mind a fold either. UTG raisers are dangerous, but this guy is kinda crazy and min-raising utg, so there is a solid argument for repoping here to play your position. I would fold the flop, and as played fold the turn.

Thremp 03-14-2007 04:56 AM

Fold PF

eigenvalue 03-14-2007 08:17 AM

I doubt that TPGK is good in this spot, because both players showed strength on the flop and on the turn: Fold!

TheFoxNL 03-14-2007 09:04 AM

fold PF easly dominated
fold Flop Any hitted overcard (j or q) could mean straight for another player
Fold turn straight could be there already or a better draw and to be very Monster under the bed he could have 2 pair

HoldEmNewby 03-14-2007 09:08 AM

Fold preflop.

Raise the flop as UTG could be just making a standard cbet and MP could be calling with just a marginal hand. If I'm not raising the flop in this hand i'm most likely folding.

Bonesy 03-14-2007 11:26 AM

When I see nutjobs like this, I want to play as many pots as I can with them. I'll play all kinds of marginal stuff if I think the implied odds are there when I hit a big hand. So I'm saying calling on the button is fine. You missed on the flop so fold it. I'm not playing for TP hands here.

BTW, I think folding on the button is ok, but if this guy is willing to stack off with who knows what, then I want to get to him first as we don't know if he is going to reload.

luckbalks 03-14-2007 01:48 PM

Really fold this preflop for a minraise against someone that raises a ton? Please explain.

When is a gutshot + 2 overs ever good if you aren't looking for a flop like this? Is it that I want a flop like this but the price is too high to see the hand through?

Bonesy 03-14-2007 02:50 PM

I'm advocating a call pf btw. I do it all day vs a nut like this. As for the actual hand, I don't know how many outs you really have. You have another player there so you may be in trouble even if you hit a pair. Also, villain is not fully stacked and mp is short so your implied odds on hitting your straight aren't good. I guess you have to decide if TPGK is enough to play for villain's stack on this board.