Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HSBC bank says: pokah be illegal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353993)

meleader2 03-13-2007 10:56 AM

HSBC bank says: pokah be illegal

i told my friend that his card will work on UB, he just has to call it in. he attempts it, and UB tells him it was declined, his bank is HSBC.

today he calls me, and is a very good friend of mine so i believe his words 100%, and the person on the other end of the phone was HSBC bank telling him they put a hold on his card and asked if he had attempted to deposit money on a poker site. he said yes, he's sorry, he didn't know it was illegal. they took the hold off his card and said:

"yes. playing poker in the united states online is against the law and punishable by law. if you try this again we're revoking your card."

what. the. [censored].

sirpupnyc 03-13-2007 10:58 AM

Re: HSBC bank says: pokah be illegal

Did he go with "put your supervisor on the phone" or "cancel my card right now" first?

meleader2 03-13-2007 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did he go with "put your supervisor on the phone" or "cancel my card right now" first?

[/ QUOTE ]

neither. he's a fish, i just wanted him to get $ on a site i played at.

DING-DONG YO 03-13-2007 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

amen, I would have lit right into someone if they basically called me a criminal like that.

Wetdog 03-13-2007 11:18 AM

What the [censored] does the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Company know about what is legal in the US? What right do they have saying that if their customer tries to use their card in any manner that they choose the bank will revoke the card?

cardcounter0 03-13-2007 11:23 AM

cliff notes: one moron talked to another moron, then told a third moron about the conversation.

Nothing to see here folks, move along, keep moving.

augie_ 03-13-2007 11:39 AM

wow, retards work at banks, big surprise

meleader2 03-13-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cliff notes: one moron talked to another moron, then told a third moron about the conversation.

Nothing to see here folks, move along, keep moving.

[/ QUOTE ]

all i'm doing is reporting what to expect if you use ur HSBC card, troll, if you don't like what you read don't [censored] post in here. quit being the moron.

centgas 03-13-2007 11:46 AM

Whereas the HSBC in England are very happy with money going in and out from poker sites, and are very happy to lend money based on withdrawals [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Joy

poorolrich 03-13-2007 11:50 AM

What right????????????? It is the Banks credit card, not the customers---read the fine print----The Bank is loaning money to their customner every time the customer uses a credit card so the Bank has every right to do what the hell they want with the credit card/customer as long as it is within the laws of the land.