Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Two pair against possible flush (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353133)

AvH 03-12-2007 11:32 AM

Two pair against possible flush

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9BB

Is my turn bet good? How would you, without stats on your opponent, respond to a raise? How about the river check-call?

cold_cash 03-12-2007 07:55 PM

Re: Two pair against possible flush

I think if you're planning on spending a bet on the river you're better off being the one who puts it in. When you check you allow him to pretty much only put money in when he's winning.

Str8Fish 03-12-2007 08:17 PM

bet/fold river.

Grease 03-13-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I concurr.

HarshCharlie 03-13-2007 10:48 AM

not to sure about this call. You are getting 8 - 1 on the river, which is good. This means ur opp needs to be bluffing only 12.5% of the time for ur call to break even. because all you can beat is a bluff. You bet on the turn i take it to find out if ur opp had a flush, you got called. usually in this spot i find myself beat. If this guy is a straight forward player he has you beat. But who knows, crazy s%*t goes on in these lower limits. It all comes down to can you win one time out of eight on the river. ur getting good odds, i think i would lead more towards chucking it away.

BrooklynMark 03-13-2007 11:35 AM

Why is a bet/fold on the river better then a check/call? I agree we're probably beat here most of the time, but it's a big pot, our hand does have showdown value and either way were putting in one bet. Am I way off here?

-BrooklynMark

Set_Wenker 03-13-2007 11:38 AM

It's because you give Villain the chance to bet his good hands and check his bad hands. Wich put you in the spot of only getting value when he bluffs.

Neku 03-13-2007 12:12 PM

Would he have called on the turn if he was drawing towards a straight, instead of folding it? All he has to go on is your betting, which shows a strong hand. Wouldn't he fold out of this if he didn't have the flush?

AvH 03-13-2007 12:28 PM

I think I agree I had to bet/fold the river. Thx for the opinions/explanation.
Anyone wants to guess Villain's hand?
(The answer will be surprising [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Neku 03-13-2007 12:31 PM

At least one diamond, and it better be the J?