Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Bobby's Room games at the WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351241)

J_V 03-09-2007 05:32 PM

Bobby\'s Room games at the WSOP

What games spread during the World Series of Poker in Bobby's Room. I was hoping there would ever be a 1k-2k or 2k-4k (not 4k-8k or higher) rotation game around that time.

Ideally, the lower limit they spread the better, since I really just want to say that I played in Bobby's Room. If they aren't gonna spread anything but very big games during that time, what about at other times of the year?

And what games should I expect in a standard rotation game outside or HORSE?

JV

stinkypete 03-09-2007 05:35 PM

Re: Bobby\'s Room games at the WSOP

michael schneider played 1k/2k limit hold'em in bobby's room last summer

J_V 03-09-2007 05:39 PM

That was straight limit holdem? That seems kind've unusual. I would really like to play in the game, but I'm really only comfortable in a rotation game, and I think a rotation game would be a lot of fun. It would be interesting to see how well people played all the different games.

glen 03-09-2007 07:41 PM

If you do this let me buy a piece, so I can stand outside and smoke butts and tell people I have a piece of someone playing in bobby's room.

PokerPrince 03-09-2007 08:52 PM

I've seen 2-4k going on in there a few times, once during wsop last year. Having straight holdem' is pretty rare it's usually a mixed game including stud variations, omaha h/l, and at least one triple draw game(holdem too obv).

Rootabager 03-10-2007 12:58 PM

When I was there this time last year there was a 3-6 game running with gus, eli, chau, and some other ppl. I dont know if 3-6 is too high.

Justin A 03-10-2007 06:14 PM

Games really only run in there during tournament times. Often there will be a 2k/4k rotation at one table and a 1k/2k at the other. Or it'll be 4k/8k and 1k/2k or something like that. I'm sure if you're there for a decent chunk of the WSOP you'll be able to find a 1k/2k rotation to play in.

brandon 03-11-2007 01:26 AM

they run big no limit games in there as well. $50-$100+

csi 03-11-2007 02:37 AM

Just show up and tell them you want to play in a big game in bobby's room and they will build the game around you.
As long as the "big game" regulars are in town that is.

I know in the PLO and NL rotation they have a 100k cap per hand.

ohead 03-11-2007 11:25 AM

I wonder how much a person like TLK could win in a 1K/2K game in bobbys room when all the pros think he's a big fish.