Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Thought Sequence Book (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350902)

inverted 03-09-2007 08:50 AM

Thought Sequence Book

Just wondering if anyone knows any resource which basically gives you a sequence of what to think about as you play each hand. Sometimes I find myself rushing and possibly not thinking about what someones hand ranges might include. I think that this is one of my biggest problems right now.

Thanks (:

Jim C 03-09-2007 09:49 AM

Re: Thought Sequence Book

Pick up Roy Cooke's Real Poker II: The Play of Hands. Its got exactly what you're looking for.

deacsoft 03-09-2007 07:10 PM

The above recommendation is solid. Phil Gordon's Blue and Green books also give a good look at his thought process while playing out hands.

inverted 03-09-2007 07:40 PM

Thanks, Ive already got Phils Green book. Sorry I should have stated above that I really only play NL

J.A.Sucker 03-09-2007 07:51 PM

This will be a primary selling point of the book that Zee and I are finishing now. We walk you through the thought process all the way through some complex hands.

- Dave

Guruman 03-09-2007 08:09 PM

King Yao's book has specific chapters on what to do at each stage of the hand as well. I found them to be very well thought out.

Professor_77 03-10-2007 01:39 AM

HOH3

GiantBuddha 03-10-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This will be a primary selling point of the book that Zee and I are finishing now. We walk you through the thought process all the way through some complex hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely looking forward to reading it.

bernie 03-10-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if anyone knows any resource which basically gives you a sequence of what to think about as you play each hand. Sometimes I find myself rushing and possibly not thinking about what someones hand ranges might include. I think that this is one of my biggest problems right now.

Thanks (:

[/ QUOTE ]

SKP had an article in the magazine, I think last month, that shows examples of great thought process'.

b

bernie 03-10-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Sidebar: Yknow that UTG to UTG comparison I mistook on the video? You actually say UTG s/h = 'prevalent' spot in the full game. Though the word prevalent was tough for me to hear. Almost like the volume drops on that word. I had to replay it a couple times to make sure. So your comparison was right. I just didn't hear it.

Just wanted to let ya know.

b