Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Good spot to Float? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348588)

Machavelli 03-06-2007 06:37 PM

Good spot to Float?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $20.5
UTG: $9.75
CO: $30.15
BTN: $15.20
Hero (SB): $29.35

I'm somewhat new to the table. My image is probably pretty tight as I've only shown down once and I had top two.

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.35, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25, UTG calls $0.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.75</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($3.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75

<font color="black">River:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>

The flop bet seemed weak, like a scared Cbet. I figured i could call on my flush alone but I could probably bet any scary card to fall and take it down too. When the second queen fell and he bet small again I didn't think he had anything. So put some cash out on the river, thoughts?

Zagga 03-06-2007 06:40 PM

Re: Good spot to Float?

I think the riverbet is to low if you want to take down the pot.

gumpzilla 03-06-2007 06:50 PM

I'd occasionally c/r the flop, particularly after a bet that weak, but this all looks okay.

whizzle 03-06-2007 07:35 PM

i think your line is a bit passive... I would have called the flop bet en raised the turn in this spot. Create some folding equity. But a call on the turn is also fine (ur getting nice odds)on the river a PSB is required to take this down imo

gumpzilla 03-06-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think your line is a bit passive... I would have called the flop bet en raised the turn in this spot. Create some folding equity. But a call on the turn is also fine (ur getting nice odds)on the river a PSB is required to take this down imo

[/ QUOTE ]

The Q isn't a card that's really going to change many minds about what's going on, and if you do happen to run into a Q this line is expensive. You're getting pretty close to direct odds to make a call profitable at the moment, your opponents in general aren't going to be super foldy, and I think your equity on money that goes in if you do raise is pretty poor. So I don't like that play in this spot.

Vyse 03-06-2007 07:48 PM

just give up on it, you've played it too passively for him to believe anything

Machavelli 03-06-2007 07:50 PM

Vyse - in which spots do you recommend raising to create a better spot on the hand? Or do you think I should continue to play this line and wait for different spots to float?

Shaddux 03-06-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet seemed weak, like a scared Cbet. I figured i could call on my flush alone but I could probably bet any scary card to fall and take it down too. When the second queen fell and he bet small again I didn't think he had anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on this, c/r sounds far better than leading river.

Vyse 03-06-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vyse - in which spots do you recommend raising to create a better spot on the hand? Or do you think I should continue to play this line and wait for different spots to float?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just call w/ your draw and forget making a play

DannyOcean_ 03-06-2007 07:59 PM

Polling time...