Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Do's and Dont's to make a good game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348330)

JJNJustin 03-06-2007 01:20 PM

Do\'s and Dont\'s to make a good game

List some things you can do and things you shouldnt do to keep a game running smoothly and all players content and happy. Lately many of the games I've been playing in are turning sour and I'm not sure I find a table full of disgusted people on tilt all that profitable or enjoyable.

Do tell you opponent "Nice hand" with respect when he beats your hand.
Dont tell your opponent "You had only 2 outs to beat me," when he catches that miracle.

Please add to my list.

-J

lef1000 03-06-2007 02:10 PM

Re: Do\'s and Dont\'s to make a good game

Do blame your cards for sucking for the reason why u fold preflop to play tight

Dont critique a fishes very poor play at the table

BigBuffet 03-06-2007 02:40 PM

Don't agonize over evry fold for 2 minutes like your on tv. Making your decision in 10 or 15 seconds would be nice.

johnnyrocket 03-06-2007 02:58 PM

quicker decisions, throw in some good convo with funny talk when out of hands, say nh and dont get mad at people cuz thats bad etiquette, so yea pretty much be nice, courteous, and not just a quiet nit.

Quanah Parker 03-06-2007 05:49 PM

I'm not sure it's possible to keep things running smoothly AND have everyone content and happy.
Well, it might be possible if you consistently lose lots of money to everyone equally, but...
I think you'd like to keep the game moving and keep folks civil. One route is be the Hitler at the table and aggressively keep the action going and tamp out any smoldering disagreements quickly. Not easy, but if you can bully the crowd along into playing, and not get people too personally mad at you, you've made progress.
Don't allow "hot button" issues to discussed at the table. This might be politics, sports, religion, whatever.

PantsOnFire 03-06-2007 06:27 PM

Why are these games turning sour? Is it because of rules disputes or suckouts? Are there players who feel they have the right to win every %80 all-in? or even worse every %55 all-in? Are there any angle-shooters?

afadeyi 03-06-2007 07:31 PM

i really don't think it make a difference if you berate a fish or not. If you berate them they'll just get angry and want to prove to you once again how good they are. likewise, i guess the same is accomplished by giving compliments, either way, im just not sure being overly nice to fish makes a difference.

Philo 03-07-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I find a table full of disgusted people on tilt all that profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what?

losingdonkey 03-07-2007 04:03 AM

ban your own chat

HOWMANY 03-07-2007 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do tell you opponent "Nice hand" with respect when he beats your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the fish know when they're getting lucky, they don't need some smartass to say "nice hand" after they backdoored a flush.

How to make a good game: Don't be a douche bag or a nit.