Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Quick Top Pair (NLTRN) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347733)

cwar 03-05-2007 08:58 PM

Quick Top Pair (NLTRN)

$100 HU villain has given a couple indications he is an amateur player, he showed KQ when he raised and I folded first hand, he limp called a 4xbb raise. Generally I dont think hes tight he probably thinks I am tho only 5 or so hands in.

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I raise to 90
He calls

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Pot size 180
He checks
I lead 135
He calls

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Pot 450
He checks
I insta check

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He pushes 1125
I stall and he says "QQ?"
Thoughts?

Goldmund 03-05-2007 10:08 PM

Re: Quick Top Pair (NLTRN)

I dont like the turncheck...as played: tuff decision...why would he bet all-in if he wants a call after you showed weakness...then again I dont see many hands you're beating. Fold and regroup i'd say.

cwar 03-05-2007 10:18 PM

Are you bet/folding or bet/calling the turn?

ChicagoRy 03-05-2007 10:50 PM

If villian really is this bad why not find a better spot. This looks like one of those two pair donk moves IMO, but something like this just happened to me. I called with my ace and he had rivered his gutshot.

His range is practically anything here, isn't it? And wouldn't you bet/fold the turn, if he thinks you're right and you're firing two barrels does this weak of a player think he'll get you to put down what is likely a strong hand (with turn bet)?

APXG 03-05-2007 11:11 PM

I guess in a Full Tilt turbo I'd call. Those things are crazy fast. Turn check is good with plan to call river blank in an underrepped spot. I hate calling shoves from fish, but here it seems like you gotz to do it. I think a call in this spot is +cEV w/o question - $ev here is hard to determine. Calls like this are why I hate turbos on FT b.c they make ROI plummet even if +EV.

WutRUTryin2Hit 03-06-2007 02:45 AM

You are soooooo rarely ahead here in my experience. This is an absolute classic line from donks when they have a monster. Occasionally you may luck out and he missed a draw on the flop (wait, I just noticed that the 78 draw hit anyway), but with the odds he has given you, this to me is the easiest of folds.

I mean really what do you beat here? Just hearts. The obvious straight draw hit, some small connector 2 pair hands made it on the river, and that's just if you weren't already behind on the flop. Easy easy fold if you ask me.

Mr.JR 03-06-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet between 275-350, fold to raise.

Goldmund 03-06-2007 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet about 300, and fold if he checkraises. If he does this a second time, I'm in.

Goldmund 03-06-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a call in this spot is +cEV w/o question - $ev here is hard to determine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. In Hu sng's cEV and $Ev are equal. In other words: you are making a HU sng Theory mistake. Goldmund

APXG 03-06-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a call in this spot is +cEV w/o question - $ev here is hard to determine.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. In Hu sng's cEV and $Ev are equal. In other words: you are making a HU sng Theory mistake. Goldmund

[/ QUOTE ]

I just say "lolz" to both this and "if he does this again, I'm surely calling his check-raise". Try getting a 25% ROI at 200's while taking every 0.1 cEV edge - impossible ain't it?