Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $10 local bar donkament, what's my line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347584)

Parallax 03-05-2007 05:46 PM

$10 local bar donkament, what\'s my line?

Playing in a weekly local $10 bar SnG with a bunch of loose, unimaginative players.
Blinds are 100/200, this is the 2nd hand. Villian and I both have ~5000 in chips
Villian raises UTG to 400, I raise black queens UTG+2 to 1400, folded back around to Villian who calls.
Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian bets out 1500, what's the optimal line here?
My thinking was to smooth call the flop and push any non diamond turn. As it ended up the turn was a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he pushed. I folded and Villian flashed the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to me...

Just curious how others would play this. Thanks.

BHokie1 03-05-2007 06:15 PM

Re: $10 local bar donkament, what\'s my line?

I would of shoved the flop.

Doubtful he has the flush if he leads, even if he does you have outs. If he calls with a flush draw you're very much a favorite. You have Fold Equity here also, and it's a nice size pot.

willperkins 03-05-2007 06:16 PM

If I read this right, the villian bets out t1500, making the pot t3600. You have t3600 in front of you. If you call, you are calling 41% of your stack. Therefore, I think I would do one of two things, push or fold.

I would push. If he flopped the flush, oh well, I have two draws at 10 outs for a boat or quads.

However, if he still needs another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for his flush, then he is 4 to one to make his flush and is getting 2 to one on his money.

I am not an expert at this and may be totally wrong. I hope someone else will give their opinions as to my thinking

dj32 03-05-2007 06:17 PM

I raise to $1000 pf. Flop play seems fine to me. You can probably make a case for pushing the flop, but I wouldn't want to risk all my chips so early in this situation.

Shaver67 03-05-2007 06:26 PM

shove the flop- we're not deep enough to do anything else. I also don't hate shoving preflop since we're likely to get called stupid loose the 2nd hand of this sort of thing. As played I think you have to call the turn for ~2k into ~8k since you've got 10/46 good rivers and you have the best hand now a non-zero % of the time.

That he ultimately showed the J makes me want to get more in even faster against this player.

JuntMonkey 03-05-2007 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to $1000 pf. Flop play seems fine to me. You can probably make a case for pushing the flop, but I wouldn't want to risk all my chips so early in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha...no. You push the flop.

I'd raise to 1200 PF but no big deal.

OatmealJoe 03-05-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, if he still needs another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for his flush, then he is 4 to one to make his flush and is getting 2 to one on his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

To make his flush he gets to see two more cards, so he is more like 2 to 1 to make his flush, not 4 to 1.

Since he bet 1500 into you on the flop, if you push, he would have to only call about 2000 more into the 8000 pot which would be giving him 4 to 1.

Anyways, I'd push the flop with my QQs even though he has the odds to call if he doesn't have the flush. I think I'm ahead.

Kibby 03-05-2007 07:55 PM

Push flop. End of discussion.

Parallax 03-05-2007 08:05 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Starting a tourney with 25BB makes it a push fest for sure.
My initial read was A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] with a 7 perhaps. Assuming he hadn't flopped the flush, I should have probably just pushed on the flop and with ~10 outs twice I would have odds even if he had.

pokerlaw 03-05-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push flop. End of discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]