Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   what to do with my life after college... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347497)

vandy 03-05-2007 03:53 PM

what to do with my life after college...

i was just reading these forums and playing a sng and decided to do a little post of my own. i am a college senior who will be graduating soon. i have mediocre grades from a decent school (University of Texas at Austin) and i have a degree in which i don't really want to pursue anything in(kinesiology, minor in business). i am a pretty social guy and in a very well respected, socially and service oriented, organization on campus. i have had a few jobs throughout college, some office/data entry related, some related with kids, and one at a gym. my main priorities in college have been a little skewed and mostly in the direction of having as much fun as i can and building as many relationships i can. i have a lot of computer knowledge due to me being a... i guess you could say "semi pro"(i have had some sponsorships and played on top level organizations) computer game for the past 5 years. along with that i just know computers well and could work in a computer related field despite having no real in-classroom teaching of it. i guess i was just wanted to hear some opinions from other people on what i can do after college considering all the things i have just listed. have at it.

Dan. 03-05-2007 04:16 PM

Re: what to do with my life after college...

hookers and blow.

D.L.M. 03-05-2007 04:25 PM

u any good at poker?
i plan to live the life for a couple years once i graduate and build up some investment money, then get a job, and do blow the whole time.

recondite7 03-05-2007 11:47 PM

Why did you do kinesiology? I went to UT and graduated with a business degree and I didn't kow what to do so I took some shady trading job, hated it (made no money), and then I played poker for a year. Itook an LSAT class and studied my ass off and got into some decent law schools because of it.

My advice would be to not worry about stuff too much, start interviewing for jobs to see what you like and realize you can always go to grad school if you are interested in pursuing something else.

Still Kinesiology wtf..... are you on an athletic scholarship?

vandy 03-06-2007 01:17 AM

i did kinesiology just because i was unsure what i wanted to do so i got to my sophomore year and i was interested in fitness and health and thought i might want to go into personal training(which is still an option.) where did u trade at. i have a few friends that trade at kershner, formerly zone trading. they love it. i was actually looking into it.

recondite7 03-06-2007 02:25 AM

I traded at M&N everyone that was hired has quit and nobody made money. The head guy was clueless and it was trading a pretty bad market with hedging bond futures that had fees through the roof. I am confident it's impossible to trade there successfully there. I had heard a lot about Kershner (bad things mostly like people barely making money etc but I honestly don't know much about it at all).

So yeah trading might be an option just don't do M&N it was a freaking joke in Austin.

Suigin406 03-06-2007 08:47 AM

at least interview for jobs to see if anything gets ur interest...if not and if poker is not something u want to do or are good at, i would think about getting more education, though it sux and is expensive...

Bucnutz19 03-06-2007 04:10 PM

I have been struggling with this a lot lately as well. I will graduate in June and I already have a job but I have been feeling kind of locked in lately. I am not sure if I can move up right away at the company I am currently at. But if I leave it will seem as if I am throwing away a great opportunity even though I don't see it that way. Its office work and thats all I have ever done in college as I have been there over 3 years. It makes me wish I didn't have it already because then I could take some time to interview around and try different things. Just to know what else is out there. My degree is in strategic communication and I have average grades.