Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Multiway KQ hand.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346647)

drbk2 03-04-2007 03:54 PM

Multiway KQ hand....

$40/$80 half kill in an amazing game. For some reason (maybe all the Jack and Cokes I drink and all the jokes I make) I have a really loose aggressive image. I raise hands and miss flops or get sucked out on huge in some big pots.

Anyway I think 4 complete morons limp to me. I limp with KhQs on the button. Small blind folds, big blind raises the field, everyone calls. 6 to the flop.

Flop: Qc 5h 6h. Checked to utg+1 who bets. Some overaggressive guy raises from mp. MP loves to play backwards poker. Loves to push marginal hands or bluffs and gets scared when he actually has something. I 3 bet on the button,big blind cold calls, initial bettor folds, mp caps, we both call. 3 to the turn.

Turn: 8s. Big blind checks, MP bets, I call, big blind calls.

River: Td. Big blind checks, MP now checks...

Clarkmeister 03-04-2007 04:08 PM

Re: Multiway KQ hand....

Did your drink get delivered on the turn, causing you to forget to raise?

poker1O1 03-04-2007 04:34 PM

yea, given your read you need to raise the turn. how it was played, i'd check the river, being unsure what BB has.

goofball 03-04-2007 05:05 PM

Bet on the river, raise on the turn. You have a guy who loves to push his draws/bluffs playing the hand aggressively, what happened to your read?

giovanna_rio 03-04-2007 05:45 PM

yea it did, and the chips he had for a turn raise went in the waitress tip jar !

ActionBob 03-04-2007 08:05 PM

Raise preflop.

As played, I'd definitely bet the river here.

-ActionBob

drbk2 03-04-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did your drink get delivered on the turn, causing you to forget to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, if I thought that mp was on a heart draw or straight draw or something, then what is the big blind calling 3 cold on the flop with? I wasn't confident at all that I had the big blind beat here, which is why I didn't raise the turn. And I think this hand happened after last call anyway, so there was no drink delivered.

drbk2 03-04-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

As played, I'd definitely bet the river here.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I think a lot of you know how much I hate discussing preflop strategies in this forum, but this one might be worth discussing.

I already said how I had a pretty bad table image at this point. The purpose of raising KQo on the button here is for value, to get the blinds out maybe, and to get a free card on the flop if I miss or a flop that might hit someone hard but gives you a decent draw (e.g. T 9 x or something). Given that I had a bad table image at the time and the fact that almost everyone in these games seem to ignore preflop raisers anyway making it almost impossible for me to get a free turn card by raising preflop, I decided to limp on the button.

drbk2 03-04-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet on the river, raise on the turn. You have a guy who loves to push his draws/bluffs playing the hand aggressively, what happened to your read?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what happened to the big blind in your analysis?

goofball 03-04-2007 09:50 PM

Why are we worrying about money that calls?