Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   simple river question: probably boring. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345921)

surfdoc 03-03-2007 03:52 PM

simple river question: probably boring.

Here is a common situation. The villian is very LAG playing 50/23/2 or so. He is capable of basically all kinds of randomness and bad play as his numbers would predict. I am seated immediately to his immediate left. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks.

Who is going to valuetown here?

goofball 03-03-2007 04:06 PM

Re: simple river question: probably boring.

I like it. I don't think you're getting called too often but it's nearly impossible for him to show up with a better hand here (except 22) so you're basically freerolling on the bet.

Victor 03-03-2007 04:12 PM

i would value bet. most lags would donk or cr if they had a pair at some point. even if he would play 77 this way im pretty sure he pays off with a3 anyway.

PatJ 03-03-2007 07:11 PM

A8, hell sometimes K high, is just dying to call here.

PartyGirlUK 03-03-2007 07:26 PM

Ya he wants to be taken to valuetown, you should oblige.

Surf 03-04-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya he wants to be taken to valuetown, you should oblige.

[/ QUOTE ]

dangerfish 03-04-2007 01:30 AM

Not sure I agree that your NEVER beat here but I like a value bet.

Catt 03-04-2007 08:28 PM

I'd value bet in a lot of situations. I'd check behind in others. I think this is the sort of decision that depends an awful lot on how long you expect to play against this guy; how he thinks of you; how you want him to think of you; how you want others to think of you; etc.

Put another way, this sort of decision falls into the "every option could be a good play" sort of bucket on relatively limited information, and I'd be looking to enhance the value of an image (whatever it is) in those circumstances where I thought image would prove valuable / exploitable in the future.

surfdoc 03-04-2007 10:54 PM

Next Problem: river gets CRd

So it seems pretty unanimous that this guy is very unlikely to have a pair. So we stroll on down to valuetown and then we get checkraised.

Who is calling?

Victor 03-04-2007 11:21 PM

Re: Next Problem: river gets CRd

yikes, not me.