Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   10 NL: TAG raises PF, I flop top set -- what's my line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345644)

Vyse 03-03-2007 04:03 AM

10 NL: TAG raises PF, I flop top set -- what\'s my line?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $10.05
BTN: $9
SB: $15.3
Hero (BB): $9.85
UTG: $9.95
MP: $11.55

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.15, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($1.5, 3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, BTN folds, SB folds
Uncalled bet of $3 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [] ($3.5, 1 players)
No action

This hand is definitely one of my leaks -- I don't know if I should slow play and play the hand to extract, or play it like how I play all my other hands -- never slow playing and bet-sizing like I do whether I have the nuts or nothing.

No specific reads on villain besides his stats, which were 24/7 over 80 hands. His flop check indicates to me AK, and when the Ace hits, I raise to $4 because most uNL players will call that with AK and their TPTK combo hits. Should I smooth call with the plan to raise the river?

And if it means anything, he waited a bit before folding -- about 25 seconds. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

futuredoc85 03-03-2007 04:30 AM

Re: 10 NL: TAG raises PF, I flop top set -- what\'s my line?

just bet the flop once the pfr checks

bobthehitman 03-03-2007 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just bet the flop once the pfr checks

[/ QUOTE ]
this

and12006 03-03-2007 05:06 AM

Don't check the flop just bet out, if they all fold it wasn't like you'd make much money and you might lose a lot if someone makes a flush or a straight.

Sigurd 03-03-2007 06:10 AM

Beeeeet the flop.