Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Big pot, marginal hand, value bet? 2/4 razz (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345290)

brettbrettr 03-02-2007 05:56 PM

Big pot, marginal hand, value bet? 2/4 razz

HORSE with morons, just passing the time...Seat 6 is an action monkey, other guy isn't known.

Razz ($2/$4), Ante $0.40, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises

4th Street - (13.45 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (8.23 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (11.23 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (13.23 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks

bet this monster?

Andy B 03-02-2007 05:59 PM

Re: Big pot, marginal hand, value bet? 2/4 razz

Of course. Looking at your board, he'd bet an Eight. You beat everything else.

I'd raise coming in on third pretty much every time.

howzit 03-02-2007 06:16 PM

bet.

you got c/r'ed on seventh?

iamastud 03-02-2007 06:19 PM

If he could beat you with the 8, he'd be betting, therefore it does seem that your hand is best(or worst,so to speak). bet away.

Why the conservatism on 3rd by initially just calling?

brettbrettr 03-02-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet.

you got c/r'ed on seventh?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I bet, he called, I won. Then the chat monkeys started chat monkeying.

brettbrettr 03-02-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why the conservatism on 3rd by initially just calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was setting him up for the reraise. You no like? It isn't my default play, but I figured wtf.

Jigsaws 03-02-2007 08:50 PM

looks good to me the whole way. definite bet on the river.

blumpkin 03-03-2007 03:24 AM

If I were him, I'd probably check/raise the river with an 8. You aren't going to call with a J, and obviously you will value bet the 9 since you think he would bet an 8.

Andy B 03-03-2007 04:42 AM

You are not a $2/4 player. Do you think that a $2/4 player is thinking this deeply?

SGspecial 03-05-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not a $2/4 player. Do you think that a $2/4 player is thinking this deeply?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah blump, stick to 30/60 and above [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

For you brett, this little fortune cookie: Confucius say "When playing against morons, take source of chat comments into account"