Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Get Your Calculators Out! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344368)

Justin A 03-01-2007 04:20 PM

Get Your Calculators Out!

60/120, fantastic game. Assume everyone sucks unless I say otherwise.

UTG raises, four people cold call, I call in the SB(2/3 structure) with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB calls.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (14 SB).
Check, Check, UTG bets while saying, "I guess I'll be stupid," EP calls, MP raises, CO calls, I call, BB calls, UTG 3bets, EP calls, MP 4bets, CO folds, I call, BB calls, UTG 5 bets and everyone calls.

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (20.5 BB).
Check, Check, UTG bets, everyone calls.

River is some retarded card that gives me a pair and destroys my chances of dragging this humongous pot.

Thoughts?

bakku 03-01-2007 04:32 PM

Re: Get Your Calculators Out!

i don't see anything you could do differently anywhere in this hand

7ontheline 03-01-2007 04:40 PM

Boy, that UTG sure is tricky. I'm surprised you were able to play the hand so well given his subtlety.

tessarji 03-01-2007 04:45 PM

I consider myself a lot looser than most of the forum regulars here. I fold PF. Three gap suited for 5:1 in awful absolute position, bad relative position, is just too terrible.

I think that UTGs speech before betting pretty much telegraphs his hand.

edit: Whoops calculator attack shows better pot odds. I still hate this hand and the overall situation.

thirddan 03-01-2007 04:52 PM

tess, folding preflop would be a mistake...

i suppose we have bad absolute position cuz we are the small blind, but we dont really have bad relative position cuz we will basically be acting last on all subsequent rounds if UTG keeps the lead since we get to act after everyone else when UTG bets...

also, not sure where you got 5-1 from, but w/ a 2/3 sb this is an easy call, more debatable in a 1/3 structure...

private joker 03-01-2007 04:54 PM

I'm folding the flop the first time around. If I'm calling PF with 84s, I want to flop either a double gutter or a flush draw. Having nothing but a gutshot and a backdoor 8-high flush draw isn't enough for me to call 2 cold. You're getting about 20:2 and not even close to closing the action.

ILOVEPOKER929 03-01-2007 05:01 PM

I fold preflop. I fold the flop. No calculator needed.

goofball 03-01-2007 05:05 PM

Yeah I don't see anything different either. I'd call preflop and grudgingly call one bet at a time on the flop too.

Smarty 03-01-2007 05:19 PM

I fold the flop when it's two cold to me the first time.

Justin A 03-01-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop. I fold the flop. No calculator needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you run some numbers? I think you'd be surprised. Preflop is close but many others are saying easy call, so just ignore that for now. The flop is much more important.