Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Recommend a DS game to me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343459)

Badger 02-28-2007 02:57 PM

Recommend a DS game to me

So I saw someone mention Yoshi's Island on this board, and I've played that a ton and really enjoyed it. What should I get next? I've already got Tetris and Children of Mana. I'm looking for something that's got good wi-fi play as well, as my good friend (who happened to be an ex-gf of mine) was visiting, started dating my roommate/best friend and now he moved across the country to Florida to be with her. What a bitch.

astroglide 02-28-2007 03:32 PM

Re: Recommend a DS game to me

castlevania: dawn of sorrow

Badger 02-28-2007 03:53 PM

How is the multiplayer on it?

Moozh 02-28-2007 04:12 PM

MarioKart is a must-have. As fun as any of the other's I've played. Free online gaming (assuming you have a connection). All the new courses are great and I love how they included 16 courses from previous versions.

Elite Beat Agents is tacky, but lots of fun. No multiplayer.

Advanced Wars is very engrossing, but takes a lot of time.

New Mario is great.

I really love the Metroid series, so I enjoyed Hunters. It also has multiplayer melees, but I haven't tried those.

Those are probably the top 5 of the few I own. They're all fun.

Keyser. 02-28-2007 06:08 PM

If you like Yoshi's Island you'll certainly like the new Super Mario Bros. The multiplayer battle against a friend thing is really fun.

GetThere1Time 02-28-2007 06:17 PM

Elite Beat Agents
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows
Final Fantasy III
Advance Wars

kickpushcoast 02-28-2007 08:02 PM

mariokart is a must have, insane replay value
ff3 is pretty good
lunar knights is supposed to be really good, done by the metal gear solid guy i believe

HOWMANY 02-28-2007 09:37 PM

Do yourself a favor and get Mario Kart. Trauma Center is also great. Lunar Knights looks really good but I haven't gotten it yet.

Badger 03-01-2007 03:59 AM

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I think I'll pick up Castelvania DoS and Mario Kart. I enjoy Mario Kart, but I also find it very frustrating at times. I haven't played more than a couple times since the original. I played at a Libertarian friend's house once and she was constantly referring to the game "welfaring you up."

I have also played Elite Beat Agents. Fun game and it does have wireless, I don't know about wi-fi (is that the correct terminology, wireless for playing in the same room as someone, wi-fi for over the internet?)

I'm gonna stay away from FF3 as I'll typically play an RPG for 2-5 hour sessions, and there's a lot of other things I should be doing the next couple months without sinking 40+ hours into a game.

Thanks for the recommendations.

HOWMANY 03-01-2007 04:03 AM

Yeah Dawn of Sorrow is quite good as well. When I first started playing it I got bored, but toward the end I really liked it and I wound up running through it a second time just to finish it 100%. I don't think you can be disappointed by Mario Kart, I've had it since about when it came out and I play it fairly regularly even though I have a bunch of games I still haven't finished.