Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   On the CO trying to steal with A5o. I flop TPNK. Villain donks turn. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343336)

TJO 02-28-2007 12:00 PM

On the CO trying to steal with A5o. I flop TPNK. Villain donks turn.

I couldn't get any fukkin converter to work with my UB hand history. Makes me MAAAAAAAAAAAD!!

0.05/0.10

I'm in a table full of TAG bonuswhores. I'm trying to get cheap practice in "tough" tight games.

Villain is 15.6/7

Folded BB to steal 2 times out of 5.

AF flop 3.30
AF turn 2.11
AF river 2.00

about 400 hands

UB 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

It takes a long time for the villain to call my raise. I take that as a sign of weakness.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Is this standard to call down? Checking my line here.

nerdking 02-28-2007 12:10 PM

Re: On the CO trying to steal with A5o. I flop TPNK. Villain donks tur

Villain's got an ace. You may be outkicked. You probably are. Standard calldown, though.

22pajo 02-28-2007 12:11 PM

i like a fold on the river.
villain has told you (twice) that he aint afraid of your raise.
You'll see a set or 2 pair here often enough to save 1BB by folding the river.
Even the turn call is kinda thin.

sorry for analysing this hand backwards [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

JerBear77 02-28-2007 12:14 PM

Re: On the CO trying to steal with A5o. I flop TPNK. Villain donks turn.

not sure at these levels, but i would really be thinking about a fold here at the 1/2 and 2/4 level once he bets the turn since he perks up on what appears to be a harmless card. You have kicker problems and A9 is in his range.

JerBear77 02-28-2007 12:16 PM

Re: On the CO trying to steal with A5o. I flop TPNK. Villain donks turn.

"It takes a long time for the villain to call my raise. I take that as a sign of weakness."

Or a sign of strength and trying to figure out if he should slow play or not.......
Bad tell to try to follow, this is the same if he's using his hand for something else in front of the computer[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Aaron W. 02-28-2007 01:48 PM

Why did you raise the flop?

TJO 02-28-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing this is a socratic question.

I raised the flop because I thought it was very likely that I had the best hand. So I was raising for value, to protect my hand against a flush draw and for information.

Somehow I get the feeling I should've just called here.. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Now I'm very interested to know why. Please enlighten me here Aaron.