Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25nl interesting AJ hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343290)

prodonkey 02-28-2007 10:27 AM

25nl interesting AJ hand

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $23.15
BB: $24.75
UTG: $18.15
Hero (MP): $24.50
CO: $20.85
BTN: $24.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.1, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($5.1, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">River:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($11.1, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.30</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all in to $19.50</font>

What do you do here and why?

Villan is 30/10/1 over 120 hands

bsheck 02-28-2007 10:31 AM

Re: 25nl interesting AJ hand

Pretty easy fold. He has at least aces up.

prodonkey 02-28-2007 09:28 PM

FOld? We don't fold! I insta called and took him to valuetown with his A8o

TheGrifter 02-28-2007 09:35 PM

Raise the turn.

He may have a combo draw in which case you have him crushed and he isn't folding it.

The way you played it you're going to have a hard time getting paid on the river when a diamond hits.

I'd check behind on the river.

matv 02-28-2007 09:49 PM

I think grifter is spot-on

I also fold to that river CR.

SirFelixCat 02-28-2007 09:52 PM

While I do not normally question pooh-bah's, I am not sure I like raising the turn. If I'm villan and am sitting on a flopped 2 pr or straight, I bet into the A-high turn, hoping to get raised and stacking Ax (where x = J,Q, or K) here. Am I off base here? Maybe I'm just seeing monsters and forgetting that this is 25NL (which is what I play).

And, since OP did not raise the turn and villan checks the river, I'm thinking this is a great value bet opportunity. His c/r on the river seems real fishy as hero showed no aggression on either the flop (just a CB) or turn. Seems real fishy. I think I become Mr. PayoffMonkey on the river as well.

Please, help me learn.

Bad Beat Maker 02-28-2007 10:26 PM

So many things could have happened there. With 30/10 he could possibly be on 78 suited hoping to hit and stack you, in which case he hit.

Anyways, I think your call here, longterm, is a bad one. He could have had alot of hands that beat you there.

Hoffma 02-28-2007 10:39 PM

Nice ride to valuetown, I couldn't make that call. I'm raising the turn to $11.

Vyse 02-28-2007 10:45 PM

Horrendous river call. If I see this hand I make a note on you

TheGrifter 02-28-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I do not normally question pooh-bah's, I am not sure I like raising the turn. If I'm villan and am sitting on a flopped 2 pr or straight, I bet into the A-high turn, hoping to get raised and stacking Ax (where x = J,Q, or K) here. Am I off base here? Maybe I'm just seeing monsters and forgetting that this is 25NL (which is what I play).

And, since OP did not raise the turn and villan checks the river, I'm thinking this is a great value bet opportunity. His c/r on the river seems real fishy as hero showed no aggression on either the flop (just a CB) or turn. Seems real fishy. I think I become Mr. PayoffMonkey on the river as well.

Please, help me learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes you'll be beat and all the money will go in on the turn if you raise. However you'll have up to 15 outs in that situation so you'll still win a good % of the time.
I think he's got &lt; 2pair here quite often and the primary consideration should be getting money into the middle.