Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pay it Forward (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342230)

dw2006 02-27-2007 02:05 AM

Pay it Forward

Man, Netflix reccomended this movie for me and I feel like cancelling my subscription because it is so offensive netflix would think I would enjoy this standard hollywood tripe. Does anyone actually like this movie? I just feel like they were cramming this forced sentimentality down my throat with the music and cinemotography and the pitiful and ultimately depressing plot.

I usually enjoy Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt and really like Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense and AI, but this was just so awful. One of the worst ten movies I have ever finished watching.

miniuser 02-27-2007 02:07 AM

Re: Pay it Forward

i thought helen hunt made a really sexy waitress/stripper or w/e she was in the movie

MediaPA 02-27-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the worst ten movies I have ever finished watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you either don't watch many movies or you give up on them. I'll watch a terrible movie all the way just so I know how terrible it is.

Five-Star 02-27-2007 02:11 AM

have them send you The Brothers Grimm.

dw2006 02-27-2007 03:30 AM

I watch tons of movies, I have seen over 240 of them. But seriously I guess it wasn't that awful in the usual way. It was just so offensive how they tried to manipulate my emotions so superficially.

DonkeyKongSr 02-27-2007 03:33 AM

Great concept. Horrible, horrible movie.

aislephive 02-27-2007 03:36 AM

I thought it was a decent flick. Definitely a little too over the top at parts but it definitely wasn't bad.

young Nut 02-27-2007 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was a decent flick. Definitely a little too over the top at parts but it definitely wasn't bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree. I did not hate the movie. I thought HJO did a damn good job. And the character developement was decent. I don't see why you are mad at watching this movie.

bluef0x 02-27-2007 03:43 AM

WTF? It wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it's not a horrible, horrible movie, let alone anywhere near bottom 10 status.

The awesome shank from the Mexican was awesome, you can't deny that.

MicroBob 02-27-2007 03:47 AM

I thought the movie was pretty awful.

HJO is pretty strong in it.
Even Helen Hunt and Kevin Spacey's performances are decent as one would expect.

But everything else about it is so ridiculous that even half-way decent performances can't save it.

It's really THAT bad.

I had similar feelings of anger when I saw the movie Grand Canyon in the theatre. And it's not like anyone recommended it to me or anything.
I was just mad that Kasdan could write a movie that awful and that any of the actors in it would actually participate in it.

I was actually angered by how REALLY bad Grand Canyon was.

I was kind of bothered by Oliver Stone's JFK as well.