Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   SH 2/4 semibluffing turn vs TAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339548)

Lunkan 02-23-2007 04:58 PM

SH 2/4 semibluffing turn vs TAG

Villain is 24/22/2.9.

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: 6.25BB

With waiting until the turn to raise I think he will interpret my line as "I hit my hand and please pay me two big bets". So I think I will succeed in making him folding AQ, and pairs &lt;=QQ.

Aaron W. 02-23-2007 05:01 PM

Re: SH 2/4 semibluffing turn vs TAG

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 24/22/2.9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's fine. These numbers look like the stats of a raise/fold villain, and semibluffing works very well against them.

tyler_cracker 02-23-2007 05:19 PM

i like it too. good spot for a semibluff.

Grease 02-23-2007 05:47 PM

I really like it.

Your line looks like a big made hand rather than a monster, and if he goes to 3-town, you have a no-brainer call.

hizo 02-23-2007 06:12 PM

nh.

what's your line if 3-bet and a
a) A comes on the river?
b) J comes on the river?

Lunkan 02-24-2007 07:33 AM

I think his range after 3-betting the turn would be KK+, AK and KQ. If a A falls I would call and if a J falls I have an easy fold.

(BTW sorry for including results in original post, didn't notice that until now.)

Dam 02-24-2007 10:19 AM

Impressibe semi-bluff. I love it.

bbbushu 02-24-2007 10:51 AM

i don't like it as much the others seem to but i don't hate it, either.

i'd rather raise the flop and bet the turn, if this player is the type to fold on a board like this. if not, i'd rather take the free card than risk getting three-bet in a pretty medium-sized pot. while we would have a "no brainer" call, it still sucks to get charged triple when we can just raise the flop and make them play straight against us.

if they bet/fold a lot, then sure, but i'd rather make this raise with a hand that doesn't have much chance to improve (like 99) so that i don't give much up by getting re-raised.

bbbushu

Aaron W. 02-24-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd rather raise the flop and bet the turn, if this player is the type to fold on a board like this. if not, i'd rather take the free card than risk getting three-bet in a pretty medium-sized pot. while we would have a "no brainer" call, it still sucks to get charged triple when we can just raise the flop and make them play straight against us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't throw in a turn semi-bluff here, do you ever?

[ QUOTE ]
if they bet/fold a lot, then sure, but i'd rather make this raise with a hand that doesn't have much chance to improve (like 99) so that i don't give much up by getting re-raised.

bbbushu

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a hand that can improve when 3-bet is nice because then you'll often get 2 bets on the river, if not more. Making a strong play with a strong draw allows you to "make up" bets when villain turns out to have a big hand. You also have to consider how often you actually get 3-bet on the turn when you play this way. It's very rare...

bbbushu 02-24-2007 01:18 PM

aaron,

i don't know how often i turn semi-bluff. maybe not that often, to be honest, but i'm not sure how much i'm missing out on. could be a leak.

i agree it's nice to build a huge pot, planning to hit a monster on the river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

we prolly don't get three-bet that often, so maybe this is the perfect spot to semi-bluff raise the turn.

it's certainly nice to have something to check-behind with on the river, so maybe you all are right and i'm just too attached to the free-card play in hands like this.

bbbushu