Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   15K Gtd. Stars. Bubble decision vs. 2 opps (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=339343)

GoRedBirds 02-23-2007 11:50 AM

15K Gtd. Stars. Bubble decision vs. 2 opps

I'm at work so I apologize for no HH.

$11 buy-in $15K gtd. on stars last night.
~195 people left. 180 is ITM.
Blinds are 300/600 with a 25(?) ante. Average stack is ~13000.
My stack is ~4,000 after I post the BB.
MP1 makes it 1800 and is called by MP2. Folds to me and I look down at 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. My friend and I disagreed about this one. Any thoughts?

Both opponents have slightly more than the average.

HitmanHaydon 02-23-2007 12:03 PM

Re: 15K Gtd. Stars. Bubble decision vs. 2 opps

I would fold and look to push any two into next unopened pot.

Mingdu 02-23-2007 12:11 PM

I push this and look to triple up heading into the money or go home trying

GoRedBirds 02-23-2007 12:11 PM

Is a call out of the question here? If my stack is not going to do any damage anyway, Can I set-mine and fold if I miss? I'm pretty sure that I'd back into the money but wouldn't be able to make a serious run with my stack as low as it was (The next pay level was ~140 IIRC).

Mingdu 02-23-2007 12:16 PM

Pushing creates difficult decisions for the other two parties.

If the MP1 calls then MP2 can push over top ... so he needs to make a tough choice. MP2 didn't reraise so was likely wanting to see a flop.

You are likely ahead of a lot that call you here.

Sherman 02-23-2007 12:17 PM

I'd fold here.

Well...maybe I wouldn't. You are more desperate than I originally thought. This may be a push.

Rocco 02-23-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is a call out of the question here? If my stack is not going to do any damage anyway, Can I set-mine and fold if I miss? I'm pretty sure that I'd back into the money but wouldn't be able to make a serious run with my stack as low as it was (The next pay level was ~140 IIRC).

[/ QUOTE ]

A call is out of the question. You don't have the stack size to get enough implied odds on a set. Furthermore, your stack isn't deep enough to stop'n'go. Folding here is probably not wrong. If you push, they will get sweet odds to call, so don't think they'll ever fold. I fold this!

HitmanHaydon 02-23-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling 1/3 of your stack then folding is very bad.
As I said I would probably fold, but pushing to try to get it heads up with some overlay is an option.

registrar 02-23-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A call is out of the question. You don't have the stack size to get enough implied odds on a set. Furthermore, your stack isn't deep enough to stop'n'go. Folding here is probably not wrong. If you push, they will get sweet odds to call, so don't think they'll ever fold. I fold this!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a stop and go is that bad here. Hero's remaining stack is large enough that it puts OR in a very difficult spot on the flop, with a big stack flat-caller behind.

All the options are pretty grim but I would guess that the EV of pushing pre-flop and pushing any flop are more or less the same.

Calling pre-flop and then folding is the only really bad option.

registrar 02-23-2007 12:40 PM

Actually, I take that back. We're left with 2200 to push, not 2800, so we'll need some really bad opponents for this to ever work.