Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Am I such a terrible player, or are they so lucky? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338305)

HoneyBadger 02-22-2007 07:16 AM

Am I such a terrible player, or are they so lucky?

I'm really beginning to wonder if I even know how this game is played... Thoughts?

$2/4 6max stars, 15k hands: Down 300 BB.

Stats: 24.4 / 17.6 / 3.1
Saw Flop: 26.6%
AF f/t/r: 3.5 / 3.5 / 1.9

Att. Steal: 30.3%
Folded SB/BB: 82% / 64.4%

WSD: 34%
W$SD: 49% (getting my arse kicked, this used to be 54%)
BB/100: -2.0

Araklion 02-22-2007 07:57 AM

Re: Am I such a terrible player, or are they so lucky?

Folded BB to steal is WAY to high. This should be more like 40-55% ( depending on your postflop skills ).

The other stats are OK if you're playing a rather agressive style.

However, stats can easily veil your skill...noone can tell you for sure if you're a winnign player wihtout going trough hand histories.

HoneyBadger 02-22-2007 08:29 AM

Imo 64% is not "way" too high, rather 40% is too low for most players. I agree it could be a bit lower, somewhere between 55 and 60. That alone shouldn't matter too much I think. (not trying to be an arse though, thanks for the input. Just giving my opinion.)

Well, it's really just a check-up for 6max. I recently moved; my post flop skill is pretty good imo, was consistently beating 5/10 FR. My biggest problem seems to be the many horrible players at 2/4 6max... for some reason I'm having a hard time playing the maniacs. If I fold they bluff, and if I call they either have the goods, or hit a 3 outer.

Araklion 02-22-2007 08:40 AM

Well, if you feel comfortable with 60% folded BB to steal nothing can be done about this, however limits your winrate, especially against these manaics that will pay of if you hit big with ratehr speculative defending hands.

About 2 months ago I lost 300BB in less than 2500 hands and I really considered to quit, but then decided to get some private coaching only to be told it was just a horrible run and the downswing stopped right after that.
I also expierenced break even streaks of several 10k hands in games that I should have beaten by at least 2BB/100.

So it's really nothing uncommon. Maybe you should get some coaching to get more confidence in your play, but variance in SH can be cruel sometimes. No matter how often you hear it, you underestimate it before starting to play SH.

PokerBob 02-22-2007 09:16 AM

imo your aggression numbers are way too high. don't be afraid to call.

Blue Lagoon 02-22-2007 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imo your aggression numbers are way too high. don't be afraid to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, especially on the turn, and maybe even on the river.

mvoss 02-22-2007 09:26 AM

Your AF's on the flop and turn are too high, you're probably getting people to fold their hands too often and letting them keep raising you when you're beat.

You fold your BB a little too often as well IMO.

In addition to this your WTSD/W$SD obviously suggests that you're running cold.

Oink 02-22-2007 09:27 AM

Running bad is an issue. It will turn around.

That said I agree with PBob. Try and be less aggresive and call more. Your WTSD is a tad low IMO for a 24/17 player.

I would def steal more. 30 ATSB is too low IMO.

Personally I defend more - I fold around 45%. But I agree that adding that last 10-15% is not a huge issue. At higher stakes its prolly more of a problem.

Oh, and raise T9s UTG [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

HoneyBadger 02-22-2007 09:38 AM

Yeah, that could be a bit of a problem. I don't generally slowplay, so with good hands I might raise people out, while folding a lot of other hands. I might be slightly too tight postflop as I'm used to these tight FR games. Perhaps giving people too much credit for their hands.

I'm changing my blind play (I constantly change things, so the numbers can be a bit off at times). Defending more, but I have the feeling I already steal pretty much. There's no point in stealing someone with 0% folded-to-steal with a hand like T6 is there? I think I'm stealing any ace, K6+, Q7+, J8+, T9, and any pocket pair. Something like that. Is that too little?

Hehe, I do raise T9s UTG at times. I always think of you then and telling myself "great, post things and then don't do it" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

HoneyBadger 02-22-2007 01:55 PM

Another 50 BB gone, played slightly different, defended a bit more and stole a bit more. Called slightly more often, so AF was a bit lower too. But all in vain; a gutshot for every river.

That puts me at -400BB for this month... luckily I started with 1000 BB, so I can still play. But I'm pretty unhappy now.