Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I never know what to do when people bet the pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335317)

stevepa 02-18-2007 08:40 PM

I never know what to do when people bet the pot

Maybe this is like super standard, not really sure. $215, effective stacks are ~3k. 20/40, MP who's been pretty tight (like 18/9 through not a lot of hands) raises to 140 in mp. I call in the bb with AQo. Flop A94r, I check, he pots 300, I call. Turn 7o or something, I check, he pots 900 (I have like 2400 total left, he covers). I...??

Steve

Ansky 02-18-2007 08:41 PM

Re: I never know what to do when people bet the pot

is this ub?

if so, dont fold.

NoahSD 02-18-2007 08:57 PM

Yeah.. what site? On stars this is close, but FT and UB this is a pretty standard call.

stevepa 02-18-2007 08:59 PM

FT. Noah, call or shove? If call, are you shoving or check calling the river and why do that instead of shove the turn?

Steve

Cornell Fiji 02-18-2007 09:01 PM

If you call here are you check/folding to a shove on the river and paying off a 1/2 pot bet? Check-calling the river shove? Are you half pot bet/folding the river? Bet/calling?

I can't imagine the villain 3-barreling with AJ or KK in this spot and calling the turn only to fold the river seems a little bit like a spew (although I think it might also be the best play)

NoahSD 02-18-2007 10:17 PM

Oooh.. managed to ignore stack sizes. That makes stuff ugly. We can't fold, though because we're ahead of his range... AJ is definitely in there and maybe even weaker aces, plus some bluffs, and sometimes people do this with KK/QQ for no particular reason.

It's pretty unlikely that he'll bluff again if we call and check the river, and he'll probably wise up and check KK/QQ behind too. I think I like a shove, but it's really awkward since I'm not sure we're ahead of his calling range.

BTW, I hate the bet pot button too.

Ansky 02-18-2007 10:21 PM

the bet pot button def softens games

NoahSD 02-18-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the bet pot button def softens games

[/ QUOTE ]

It softens the games where people would be betting 3/4 pot instead. It hurts the games where people are frequently betting 1/3-1/2 pot.

Also, it's just annoying to have something that changes play so much between sites.

Bond18 02-18-2007 11:04 PM

UB especially the bet pot button is unbeleiveably rampant. Stars i fold.
UB i call.

Tilt.... i need help

uclabruinz 02-18-2007 11:10 PM

I would call and put the rest in on the river.