Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Lay down trip aces in blind battle? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334401)

Parlay Slow 02-17-2007 11:48 AM

Lay down trip aces in blind battle?

Villain in this hand is 'yamaha r 1'. I don't play much Stars 2/4, so I don't really have a read. Over like 30 hands his stats are borderline nitty. Usually I have a better plan for the flop, but this guy wasn't a known flop CB raiser. I have a lot of trouble laying down a hand this big in a blind battle, but it seems like it would be the worst bluff ever. It seems like he WANTS me to have the hand I have.

Who folds? Who says f*ck it, trip aces, and calls?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($639)
BB ($382)
Button ($602.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($32) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $52</font>, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($136) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $314 (All-In)

oyvindgee 02-17-2007 12:00 PM

Re: Lay down trip aces in blind battle?

I don't know villain either, but I find a fold. It makes absolutely no sense for him to have worse made hand and like you said it would be an awful bluff.

fitnessfreak 02-17-2007 12:10 PM

Personally I have seen a lot of people do this kinda move with a flush draw ie. raise small on the flop then instantly shove the turn.

Having said that, this could easily be 33 or A8 and above.

On the balance i would fold. The size of the bet would make me think that its less likely a bluff/semi-bluff and more likely a value bet hoping you have exactly what you do have.

king_of_drafts 02-17-2007 12:34 PM

What a dumb spot, I'd still probably call though.

Jesse Kidd 02-17-2007 12:54 PM

Man, I don't know, I don't think I fold here. Why is villain betting so big on the turn? If he's got a set, A8+, or turned fh, why isn't he betting pot, knowing the rest is likely getting in now or on river? This would give you enough behind to semi-bluff raise with your flush draw or whatever. I don't usually give villain credit for thinking the level beyond this at 2/4.

I think you'd see a big combo draw here or even naked flush draw here that thinks the second A may be a good bluff card (which it isn't, but w/e) enough to call. You've also got a little equity vs. hands he's beating you with right now.

Jesse