Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Home Depot idiot report. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333163)

superadvisor 02-15-2007 10:08 PM

Home Depot idiot report.

Cash in pocket; I am at the Home Depot trying to buy an air purifier for my room to reduce my allergies. As I am looking around the store I keep justifying to myself why I don't need to ask anybody for directions. I continue wandering around for way longer than I should have. Frustrated in defeat, I swallow my pride and approach an associate and ask her if she can please tell me where the air filters are.

“They are in Isle 15. “

I go to Isle 15 and there are indeed air filters, but not the kind I am looking for. Isle 15 is filter cartridges for central heating/cooling units. I go back to the associate at the front of the store and try to explain the misunderstanding. After hopelessly trying to explain myself and getting only faces of confusion in return she replies that they don't have those kinds of air filters. I argue for about 3 seconds before realizing that she has no idea what she is talking about.

Although somewhat discouraged I continue looking around and ask another associate, explaining that I’m not looking for filters for central heating units

“I think they are in electrical, ask somebody over there”

Before arguing that electrical hardware has absolutely nothing to do with appliances, I go to the electrical isle to find somebody to talk to, one idiot has no idea what I’m talking about then the next idiot gives me a hint.

“Uh, I don’t know if we carry those anymore, they used to be over with the humidifiers.” As he walks away from me.

Feeling like I am playing detective now I go up to some idiot behind a counter and ask politely

“Do you know where humidifiers are?”
“Isle 7”

And there it is; an anticlimactic ending to a seemingly hopeless journey to Home Depot, the land of the idiots.

jimmyfingers 02-15-2007 10:11 PM

Re: Home Depot idiot report.

did they at least help you build a raft to get to the other isles?

superadvisor 02-15-2007 10:12 PM

I forgot to add, I passed the first idiot who told me they didn't have what I was looking for. "Found it, Isle 7"

React1oN 02-15-2007 10:12 PM

It's Aisle. You aren't on an Island. Fwiw, the people at Home Depot near me are usually really helpful. Though, on the contrast, customer support at Lowe's is horrendous.

JustARogue 02-15-2007 10:12 PM

I wish my home depot has isles... that would be awesome.

FakePlasticTrees 02-15-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

superadvisor 02-15-2007 10:17 PM

sorry the eyy key on my keybord is broken

React1oN 02-15-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]Wow I missed this, i'm loling lol

JustARogue 02-15-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry the eyy key on my keybord is broken

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I go to Isle 15 and there are indeed air filters, but not the kind I am looking for. Isle 15 is filter cartridges for central heating/cooling units. I go back to the associate at the front of the store and try to explain the misunderstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

false?

ursine cotcher 02-15-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have just woken everyone in my house by choking on the water I was drinking.