Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Big action preflop, flopped a middle set, line check plz! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330072)

Damani311 02-12-2007 03:39 PM

Big action preflop, flopped a middle set, line check plz!

Just sat down, so i'm not really sure how nuts this table has been going...i would really appreciate an evaluation of my play from the start to finish in this hand, really anything at all that you say that could be said, thanks alot.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

pmiranda.pt 02-12-2007 03:52 PM

Re: Big action preflop, flopped a middle set, line check plz!

I would have folded pre-flop on the Button 3-bet, 99 wouldn't probably hold on (as it did).
After that I would have checked-raise the flop.
The rest I would have done the same.

would like to see the outcome.

jstill 02-12-2007 04:27 PM

preflop id call, if it gets capped ur getting 13:3 (or 11:3 if MP folds), if not 10:2. either way enough pot odds to try to hit a set.

id cr the flop. As played id still probably check raise the turn after he caps the flop but that mite be pushing it a bit (altho still more combos of AA or AK he mite cap than KK). call down any further aggression once he raises ur turn bet or check-raise though, anything else other than check calling from there is a spew IMO.

PokerSparky 02-12-2007 04:44 PM

C/R the flop.

Three bet the turn.

Burnsabre 02-12-2007 05:34 PM

I would gladly 3 bet the turn if just the K was out there but with a KQ, AA and AK are slowing down... so I think 3 betting the turn would be a spew here.

Ch/r flop, its been said. Preflop is fine, 99 will be the best hand alot of the time that you call there (although not so much with the cap)

TheHip41 02-12-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would gladly 3 bet the turn if just the K was out there but with a KQ, AA and AK are slowing down... so I think 3 betting the turn would be a spew here.

Ch/r flop, its been said. Preflop is fine, 99 will be the best hand alot of the time that you call there (although not so much with the cap)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are only losing to KK. He cant have QQ or JT.

I think your hand is good enough for 1 more raise.

jstill 02-12-2007 10:14 PM

how about if we cr the turn and he 3bets call down from there?

how about if we cr the flop he 3bets we cap then he raises the turn lead? 3bet?