Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Marijuana and Heads Up Poker. (Serious Post) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328585)

Ikonoclast 02-10-2007 03:10 PM

Marijuana and Heads Up Poker. (Serious Post)

Okay. I know a lot of you may think this is completly ludicrous, but I have played the majority of my heads up games high. The reason why is this -- You know that gut feeling you get when you sense someone is bluffing? or when it suddenly hits you what hand or range of hands you think they have, or whether your hand is good? I feel for me marijuana increases the ability for me to sense these things a lot easier. I have played a lot of heads up on this one site, I started at 200$, and within 4 days i'm at 1,017, and ive been playing 5$ 10$ 20$ 30$ 50$ and 100$ HU. I am 16-0 on the 100$, and im 2/2 bluffing people out for about 400 more chips when they had about 3/4 of their stack in bluffing because I just sensed they had no hand. I am not trying to brag about this at all, I am just interested to hear if anyone else has any experience playing heads up while you are high. I play poker normally, but sometimes I tilt, but I seem to tilt a lot less often when high also. Just curious to know if anyone has experienced anything like this. Thanks.

randy138 02-10-2007 03:27 PM

Re: Marijuana and Heads Up Poker. (Serious Post)

From my experience there is a fine line between being high and in the zone playing perfect poker and being stoned and stupid.When I'm high sometimes i can't tell how its efecting my play so I try not to play high.

Ikonoclast 02-10-2007 04:58 PM

interesting...

Sponger. 02-10-2007 05:11 PM

I have lots of experience playing heads up while high. It doesn't help. You're deluding yourself if you think it does.

Ikonoclast 02-10-2007 05:31 PM

I don't think so.... I feel better reads..

kurosh 02-10-2007 06:12 PM

I'd say about 90-95% of the time, I play worse. Some of the time, it will be my action and I'll have no idea how I got to that point in the hand. I get passive and make dumb calls. Every once in a while though, that 5% of the time, I will be in the zone and play incredible perfect poker.

I could just be running hot though. Who knows?

randy138 02-10-2007 06:37 PM

Yes I feel that playing high has -EV for me.The times that i feel I'm playing perfect are definitly out wighted by the times that I'm just stupid.And with out a clear head there is no way I can think i'm playing perfect.

Olin Prefleup 02-10-2007 09:02 PM

I play great HU while drunk

Tempest122 02-11-2007 12:35 AM

I play like a retarded spew monkey when I am high or drunk.

sharpie 02-11-2007 03:28 AM

I play bad when high, better when drunk, and best when sober. For me the funnest is when I'm drunk, and the least fun is when I'm high because I have no idea what I'm doing and paranoia sets in.