Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rebuys for home Tournaments - YES or NO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328136)

pismeyer 02-09-2007 09:46 PM

Rebuys for home Tournaments - YES or NO

Should rebuys be allowed for home game tournaments?

My tournaments are usually a $15 buyin for T800 in chips with standard progression blinds.

If a rebuy should be allowed, should it be for the full amount of $15 or for $10, which will only get you T400, and you can only rebuy if you've busted out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

YourAce 02-09-2007 10:28 PM

Re: Rebuys for home Tournaments - YES or NO

In our home games it depends, if its family we keep it low, $ 5.00 for 1500. This way people can play loose and lots of action. Now... When its boys night, we play $ 20.00 buy in, $ 10.00 rebuy (unlimited - normally 2hrs open) + 1 add on at $ 10.00 end of two hours (short handed). If its full ring, we do Buy-in, 1 rebuy, 1 add on, all at $ 20.00.
All of our tournies are for $ 1500 in chips, regardless of buy in, 10 min blinds.

This is just our game, hope it helps.

Lottery Larry 02-10-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with your crappy rebuy structure, they shouldn't. Seriously, you want to charge me 67% for less than half of the average stack?

It should be $10 for T800 at a bare minimum... unless you're trying to discourage rebuys.

pfapfap 02-10-2007 01:32 AM

With a faster blind schedule like most home tourneys have, I'm in favor of rebuys, especially if you have people who like to play aggressively. We do $30 buyins and $20 rebuys, but they get the same # of chips. Because we do unlmited, you have to have run out of chips to buy it, and it's only for the first four rounds. Then antes kick in and we do add-ons for 1.5x buyin chips at the same price.

GoAheadRiverMe 02-10-2007 04:49 AM

Damn you guys give a lot of chips for the buyin. At ours we get t150 in chips for $25 and do $20 rebuys for t100 unlimited for the first hour. Blinds stay at 1/2 for the first hour then go up at the start of the 2nd hour and every 20 minutes from then on.

pismeyer 02-10-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with your crappy rebuy structure, they shouldn't. Seriously, you want to charge me 67% for less than half of the average stack?

It should be $10 for T800 at a bare minimum... unless you're trying to discourage rebuys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry,

Thanks as always for the input. My first tournament did not have a rebuy but to keep the action and people sitting at the tables I'm going to give it a try this time.

I agree with what you mentioned regarding charging %67 for less than half the stack. $10 will get you a full stack up through the first four rounds but you have to bust out in order to rebuy.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll post a report tomorrow morning with the results of the tournament.

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

PantsOnFire 02-10-2007 11:55 AM

One of my regular tourneys is $40 freezeout for t10,000 chips NL 14-20 players.

About every 6 or 7 tourneys we do a rebuy tourney. You can purchase t5000 for $20 or t10,000 for $40 at the start. When you get below t5000, you can buy another t5000 for $20. This is unlimited until the first break. At the first break, you can add-on t7500 for $20. We find these tourneys are a nice break from freezeouts. There is more action in the first hour and it lasts a little longer due to more chips in play.

And after the first break, many players have decent stacks so there is still lots of deep stack poker to be played.

Small Fry 02-10-2007 01:09 PM

If you want to keep people coming back it's usually good to provide them the ability to stay as long as possible. Rebuys allow players to bust out, get back in (repeat as often as allowed) and be in the action for as long as possible. Somehow they think if they pay $20 and only play for an hour they didn't get their moneys worth but rebuying 3 times and playing for 2 hours is worth it.

My tourneys are unlimited rebuys. Rebuy is full price and you get the same T1000 that you start with. You must be busted to rebuy and the rebuy period ends with round 3. My first 3 rounds have relatively low blinds - 5/10, 10/20 and 15/25, with round 4 being 25/25, so even starting with T1000 at round 4 isn't too bad. Rounds are 30 minutes. First 3 rounds are the donk your chips off / increase the prize pool phase. Average 24-27 players and a dozen rebuys

Lottery Larry 02-10-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Larry,

Thanks as always for the input.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP! Subtle sarcasm alert! WHOOP! WHOOP!

(it's all about that Home Poker luvin'....) :P

Lottery Larry 02-10-2007 02:31 PM

DAMN, you guys start with a crappy pile of chips!

:P

The chip stacks don't matter, the ratio does. I assume you don't have big stacks because you have a limited chip set, right?

" At ours we get t150 in chips for $25 and do $20 rebuys for t100 unlimited for the first hour."

Another ripoff, though lower. If you're trying to encourage rebuys, you should think about changing it. If you're trying to discourage them without taking them away completely, then your system is actually decent (see below).

" Blinds stay at 1/2 for the first hour then go up at the start of the 2nd hour and every 20 minutes from then on. "

To make up for the above, you get a gold star for having a long round where the blinds are frozen for the rebuys.