Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Turn push/semi-bluff 2K pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324467)

machx 02-05-2007 07:20 PM

Turn push/semi-bluff 2K pot

hey there,

first post but I've been reading forum posts for some time. This hand came up tonight. Villan and I were both around 1K stacks on 2/4nl and our history has been uneventful, no confrontations in a hour, we both have portayed a tight aggressive image. I had been saving this image for some bluffs and I thought this spot was perfect I knew he had ak and I doubted he had any heart.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with :9s :ah
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $15, 2 folds, SB raises to $50, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop::9h :kh :jh ($150, 3 players)
SB bets $100, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn::5s ($350, 2 players)
SB bets $200, Hero raises all-in $1004.4, SB calls all-in $571.3.
Uncalled bets: $233.1 returned to Hero.

River::6c ($1892.6, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1892.6)

Results:
Final pot: $1892.6

thoughts on the push, it wasn't easy for him he took the whole clock and was 1 sec from folding

Black winter day 02-05-2007 07:33 PM

Re: Turn push/semi-bluff 2K pot

Please use the converter if you want your questions answered properly.

Praetor 02-05-2007 07:48 PM

preflop sucks so badly

jlocdog 02-05-2007 11:38 PM

Fold preflop.

"I knew he had AK and I doubted he had a heart"

Ofcourse he doesn't have a heart if he has AK. You have the Ah and the Kh is on the board. And that is pretty impressive that you deduced his hand range to exactly one holding.

"I had been saving this image for a some bluffs and I thought this spot was perfect"

Hard to imagine that in the hour+ you have been sitting with him, you felt A9o OOP was the spot to make a move.

By the turn, your shove is pure gamble.
He reraised from the SB.
He has been playing tight.
He has not slowed up on any street thus far.
His stack almost guarantess a call.
You are behind here 95% of the time.

I think I like a raise on the flop. Then you have options come turn. If he 3 bets flop, you can shove there and make your bluff garner that much more respect.

Moonshine 02-05-2007 11:49 PM

If he is a good player I doubt that he is betting any good one pair hand (AK, AA) with the intention of folding.

you never want to put your opponent on top pair top kicker and make him fold. you want to put your opponent on a range that may included top pair kicker but will fold often enough to make a bluff profitable

his range here is probably air, big pair that's not folding, or a monster. if he has a big heart in his hand he will further talk himself into calling. I think he has to be betting air a fairly high % of the time here for this to be profitable

also, take a minute and look at the hand from his perspective. you cold called a reraise from the blind. He thinks you have a big hand and leads the flop. You call. Now he thinks you have a really big hand and he leads the turn anyway...

alarm bells going off yet?