Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Andy Black really a prick? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321810)

G-Diddy20 02-02-2007 12:29 PM

Andy Black really a prick?

Anyone have any experience with the guy? I thought he was supposed to be some Buddhist convert or whatever, but lately I get the impression he is just a degenerate prick. I cite these examples to back my claim.

1.) At the recent TOC, he was wearing an eminem shirt. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, I listen to eminem. I do however find it strange that a man in his..early 40's???...would wear one, much less a buddhist convert. His lyrics aren't exctly targeted at "buddhists"
2.) He kept making fun of Matusow at the TOC while looking at Daniel to make sure he was laughing. I mean, just came across as really childish...
3.) At the Borgata 10k I was sitting in the lobby and he damn near knocked some women over and he just kept walking not saying excuse me, sorry, etc.
4.) At the same tournament he was smoking a cigarette in the lobby and preceded to "flick" the cigarette on the marble floor ground and stomp it out when there was a trash can/ash tray within 5 feet of him. Was dressed really scroungy also.

Anyone play with the guy and have some more experience with him. I guess I could be way off base here but those examples are all true...

G

Sarahanj 02-02-2007 12:33 PM

Re: Andy Black really a prick?

This is the worst gossip ever

Apathy 02-02-2007 12:40 PM

He dresses how he likes, drinks smokes and swears ohhhh noeesssss. I think he's a nice guy and fun to be around.

JasonMcAuley 02-02-2007 12:45 PM

Im catholic, yet I party lots, listen to non-catholic music; does that make me a prick?

hamsamich 02-02-2007 12:46 PM

1st poker player ever who lacks fundamental social skills. I say we take him out back and beat the [censored] out of him!

Riina 02-02-2007 12:55 PM

your first point sux, i had the same sentiment on your second one when i saw the toc, and if the last two are true they seem pretty indicitave he isn't as 'down to earth/humble' as the dalai lama probably would like him to be.... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

ps. i think i get your post however. I dont mind people being pricks, it just rubs me the wrong way if they are pretentious about being the complete opposite as he portrayed himself during the wsop 2005.

Mezzanine 02-02-2007 01:00 PM

lol

gobboboy 02-02-2007 01:21 PM

I played with Andy for a long time at the Aussie tournament, we got down to 3 handed together, and he's a very nice guy (hi andy!). He's definitely not afraid to speak his mind if he thinks something's up, which is a good thing. We happened to have the same flight back from Australia to california and we talked for a bit while waiting for the flight. He is a very genuine person, and for someone who has a lot of emotion in what he speaks about, he doesn't let it affect him in his game at all (from what I could see).

ICantCash 02-02-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and for someone who has a lot of emotion in what he speaks about, he often cries at the table

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

NNNNOOOOONAN 02-02-2007 02:05 PM

ask shaniac