Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New to 7CS Plays Split Aces (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321467)

DavidMcK 02-02-2007 12:46 AM

New to 7CS Plays Split Aces

Your comments much appreciated.

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.80 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (7.80 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

Total pot: (7.80 BB)

David

Jeffage 02-02-2007 01:22 AM

Re: New to 7CS Plays Split Aces

You should generally be folding 4th street instead of raising it in this spot. Typically, he usually will have either trips (which makes you a huge underdog) or two pair which makes you a slight underdog. Plus, the pot is small.

Jeff

electrical 02-02-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should generally be folding 4th street instead of raising it in this spot. Typically, he usually will have either trips (which makes you a huge underdog) or two pair which makes you a slight underdog. Plus, the pot is small.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
What Two-pair is Aces-and-fives an underdog to?

Andy B 02-02-2007 02:03 AM

I would probably just call on fourth unless the bring-in is very loose. Other than that I think you played it just fine.

Jeffage 02-02-2007 07:34 AM

Misread - my bad.

Jeff

SCSTWG 02-02-2007 08:46 AM

I would have gone into check and call mode on 4th street for the fair op the Villian having trips. The good news is that your cards are still live.

Brad1970 02-02-2007 12:00 PM

I would check/call it down. Its very possible he has trip deuces especially since this is 1/2 & nobody folds a pair on 3rd.

electrical 02-02-2007 12:14 PM

This is the bring-in, so I think a smaller two-pair is much more likely to be there than (X2)22. Even novice players know better than to defend the bring-in with split Deuces against a probable pair of Aces. A small-medium pocket pair plays much better, and is more likely to get played in this spot.

I continue raising until he convinces me he can beat Aces-up.

cgrohman 02-02-2007 01:28 PM

You think (x2)2 calls an early postion raise from an A?

This statement is not meant to relfect that I like a raise in this situation.

Brad1970 02-02-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think (x2)2 calls an early postion raise from an A?

This statement is not meant to relfect that I like a raise in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...yes. At these levels, absolutely. Especially if they have live cards. IMO, in a LL stud game when you raise with an ace in the door...half these monkeys don't believe you or are stupid enough not to care if you do have it.