Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   how often do you type out a response and abandon it? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320815)

Wynton 02-01-2007 09:04 AM

how often do you type out a response and abandon it?

A few times recently, I noticed myself typing out replies in threads only to decide half-way through that: (1) I had nothing worth adding; or (2) I did not want any part of the thread.

Anyone else do this much?

One extra question: how often to you respond rashly and quickly regret it? (cue obvious joke about responding to this post)

Golden_Rhino 02-01-2007 09:05 AM

Re: how often do you type out a response and abandon it?

I start typing and then change my mind about 10% of the time. (Some people wish the percentage was much higher I'm sure).

evank15 02-01-2007 09:06 AM

i do this sometimes. i actually thought about doing it for this post...that would be ironic you see...but the irony would be lost on everybody but me...rendering the whole exercise useless.

oh [censored] it.

Five-Star 02-01-2007 09:16 AM

While I might not type it but at least a response forms in my head, which only half makes it on the forum.

Ron Burgundy 02-01-2007 09:17 AM

This usually happens in the zoo or legislation forum when some tard makes some rambling nonsensical post and want to tell him what a moran he is and that he sucks at life for wasting my time. Then I realize that typing up a reply will only waste more time.

lippy 02-01-2007 09:17 AM

Probably 5% of the time. It normally happens when I type out a response and realize it adds absolutely nothing to a given thread.

_brady_ 02-01-2007 09:55 AM

I'd say about 30% of the posts/replies I type out I end up never submitting.

Dam 02-01-2007 10:27 AM

I do this all the time.

Sometimes I write a MASSIVE long reply, it takes me about 15 minutes. I stop, read it, and just think god, thats absolute BOLLOCKS. and just abandon it.

danvh 02-01-2007 10:31 AM

Probably 50% of the time. Anything longer then one sentence I normally read a few times and half the time decide it didnt make my point very well or just wasnt exactly what I was trying to say.

Sciolist 02-01-2007 10:58 AM

I'm probably 10%. Mostly when I find I've misread the hand, or I'm about to post something that would probably get me in trouble at work.