Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   What is your biggest accomplishment? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320784)

Jurollo 02-01-2007 07:06 AM

What is your biggest accomplishment?

There are some TREMENDOUSLY talented people that frequent these forums and I am sure some of you have down some truly unbelievable things in your life. What is something you are extremely proud of accomplishing? I am NOT looking for poker accomplishments so saying you won $X.XX in ABC tournament won't suffice.

As a 23 yr old I don't have a TON of life experience to delve into here, hence, my biggest personal accomplishment would be my completion of my Bachelor's Degree in Urban Studies.

whiskeytown 02-01-2007 07:11 AM

Re: What is your biggest accomplishment?

it would probably involve songs I wrote/sang getting on the radio in local/limited airplay. It is something I've striven my whole life for and rarely get.

Although there was one night where a guy from a pirate radio station came to a gig and put the whole kitten kaboodle on there - that really kicked ass - to be on illegal pirate radio, but I'm thinking I'd rather have regular rotation.

actually, I take no greater pride then in being a songwriter, even a marginalized and unsuccessful one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - because at least TWO songs made it in regular playlists - the fact SOMEONE thought it was good enough to play over the air is cool, and in today's conglomerate market, rarer then hell.

The first time thought was a Christian music playlist - 2nd time was the liberal progressive radio station - LOL.

linky to the most recent song is here

RB

lippy 02-01-2007 07:13 AM

Mine are lame and relate to academia, so they're worthless;
- 2 4.0 semesters
- 4/6 semesters on Dean's List

Very lame, going to get dominated hardcore.

cking 02-01-2007 07:13 AM

Well not really an accomplishment per se, but biggest/craziest thing to happen to me in my 21yrs is when i was 15 i think, my hotel was taken over by chechen terrorist (Swiss Hotel, Istanbul). Was about 30 of em, got locked in a big room had guns pointed at us. Good times

Golden_Rhino 02-01-2007 07:13 AM

My biggest accomplishment thus far is finding happiness. I was miserable through my twenties, and when I hit my thirties I told 'the man' to stick it, and went back to school. I am more broke now than I have ever been, but I don't dread waking up every day.

cobrakai111 02-01-2007 07:22 AM

Not the greatest either but being able to purchase a brand new studio apartment in Boston while making 12k a year working for Americorps VISTA. Thank you low income housing programs. I also came second in the state in the Geography Bee when I was 10 years old..

lippy 02-01-2007 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well not really an accomplishment per se, but biggest/craziest thing to happen to me in my 21yrs is when i was 15 i think, my hotel was taken over by chechen terrorist (Swiss Hotel, Istanbul). Was about 30 of em, got locked in a big room had guns pointed at us. Good times

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything has ever warranted a trip report, this is it.

NicksDad1970 02-01-2007 09:29 AM

I think my biggest is breaking the chain of alcohol abuse in my family.

I quit drinking 6 years ago and hopefully it won't be a part of my kids life.

Golden_Rhino 02-01-2007 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my biggest is breaking the chain of alcohol abuse in my family.

I quit drinking 6 years ago and hopefully it won't be a part of my kids life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you pal. Good luck with that. If your kids don't see you drink, I think you have a good chance of keeping them away from the bottle. Congratulations.

Wondercall 02-01-2007 10:03 AM

I think all of mine have to do with soccer: Playing on the same club team for 10 years, Won prestigious tournaments, scouted by D1, D2, D3, NAIA, All-State HS, yada yada.

Maybe getting over depression without the use of medication too.