Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   too thin / will i get cr bluffd here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320173)

shootaa 01-31-2007 04:15 PM

too thin / will i get cr bluffd here?

villain is Erdnase, i dont have any stats but i fired up about 4 tables so start and he was on 3 of em with decent stacks (250bb), and from what ive seen, he's been playing pretty aggro.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($414.10)
Hero ($408.95)
SB ($396)
BB ($638.55)
UTG ($1367.10)
MP ($18.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $56</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $40.

Flop: ($118) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($118) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $54</font>, Hero calls $54.

River: ($226) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero ?

NLSoldier 01-31-2007 05:09 PM

Re: too thin / will i get cr bluffd here?

bet howeever much you think he will call with 2pair.

luckychewy 01-31-2007 05:10 PM

i would just half pot it or so.

shootaa 01-31-2007 05:13 PM

is there any reason you can ignore possibilities of a cr bluff here? thats my main concern

NLSoldier 01-31-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there any reason you can ignore possibilities of a cr bluff here? thats my main concern

[/ QUOTE ]

What? you should welcome a CR bluff bc you arent going to fold to it.

I actually tend to think you should bet really small like 50-80 bc i think your hand looks like at least two pair so hes probably not going to call with less than like AJ and your best chance of making money is actually inducing a CR bluff.

If he has a Q he would just lead the river bc he would probably expect you to call a bet with AA/KK/AK far more often than you will bet and call a raise.

bueno09 01-31-2007 05:21 PM

I agree with NLsoldier, if he is tricky enough to checkraise with a Q or a flush, good for him, but i think a lot of time he will be checkraising with other junk to make the call profitable.
Also, if he is not checkraising with bluffs and other stuff, he is calling you with 2pair and by not betting the river you will lose some value
So in both cases i think a bet in the river wins you money.

MYNAMEIZGREG 01-31-2007 05:31 PM

Bet around 80ish here, since you are capable of doing that with QQ. If you knows you IDK if I like calling a c/r here. If you guys are kind of unknown to each other then call a c/r.

NLSoldier 01-31-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with NLsoldier, if he is tricky enough to checkraise with a Q or a flush, good for him, but i think a lot of time he will be checkraising with other junk to make the call profitable.
Also, if he is not checkraising with bluffs and other stuff, he is calling you with 2pair and by not betting the river you will lose some value
So in both cases i think a bet in the river wins you money.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, considering the cards on the board and in our hand, villian is going to show up with a flush just about never.