Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Crypto questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319186)

BrickWall 01-30-2007 03:49 PM

Crypto questions

I have been playing (okay, whoring) mostly at prima sites for the last few months. I am now looking at Cryptos. What is the best way to approach these? Looking at the bonii, it appears that playing break-even poker poker, one could net something like $1000 a month, not including rakeback. Is this right? Should I also signup for rakeback? I do okay okay on prima (about 1.5 BB/100 at .50/1 limit). Would you say Cryptos are similar in competition? It looks like you need to play at least 1/2 limit for some of the bonii.

Thanks in advance for any input!

nosmith 01-30-2007 05:09 PM

Re: Crypto questions

Yeh it as possible to get that much from the site bonus's. The problem is when you get to the higher bonus's on Inter and Sun the requirements get a lot harder. So unless you play at the really high levels its impossible to get to the $1000 mark. If you play a reasonable number of hands per month you can make $500+ in bonus's and about $150 - $200 on top of that in rakeback.

To give you an idea ive just finished a 1 and half hour session on one of the Crypto site playing 4 tables $1/$2 limit and earned 66 MPP's. So on a site like Littlewoods where you need 200 MPP's for £25 ive done a third of it in the time.

I clear as many of the crypto site bonus's i can per month simply because they are monthly bonus's, but they don't clear as quick as the Prima ones. I also mix it up with play on No Limit as i quickly get bored playing Limit.

Yes it is certainly worth your while signing up for rakeback and you can get it on all the cryto sites.

Search the forums for an updated list of the crypto sites or PM me if you like.

Hope this helps.

Bobo Fett 01-30-2007 06:10 PM

ABSOLUTLEY get RB. They are one of the few places that don't deduct bonuses from your MGR, so you get it all.

Nosmith's response puts 1/2 at about 11 MPP/hr, that's a little lower than what I was getting. I usually managed around 16 or more, depending on the tables. However, I haven't been clearing as many there lately since the tables have been so tight, and that will affect the clearance rate...11 might be realistic now, for all I know.

$1000 sounds about right. You can get more, but the clearance rates aren't good. For example, Interpoker alone will let you clear as much as $1000, but they increase (why??? who knows!) the clearance rate after the first $300.

As far as the play goes, I'd say it is similar to Prima, maybe a little tighter. More tables in the daytime, primarily a Euro network.

Will Hill is by far the best bonus, they pay you 5 GBP (app. $9.50) per hour for your first 5 hours of 1/2 or higher. Get RB there, give it a try, and see how you like it. Monitor how quickly you get MPPs, then you will know what to expect. Most of the Cryptos clear at 5 MPP per $...TB, LW, and UK are 8 MPP per GBP, which is closer to 4.5-1. The first $100 at IP is also 4.5-1.

EDIT to add: One of the other reasons I haven't been whoring the Cryptos as much lately is I've been playing a lot at UB. With RB, Points for Cash, and bonus, it is one of the best sites for bonus at 1/2 limit. I'd say it's equivalent to about an 8x Prima. Not monthly, of course, but they offer decent reloads...good to add to your list.

BrickWall 01-31-2007 09:10 AM

Thanks guys...very helpful.

Boba: how would you rate the toughness at UB relative to Prima?

corsakh 01-31-2007 09:18 AM

I would not suggest going for 1000 bonuses on Crypto, as the clearance rate is not so good. Instead, take 400-450 no deposit monthly bonuses which are available on interpoker and poker plex. You can clear those at about 5-6MPP. And there is also a good monthly reload bonus at sun at about the same rate.

Red_Diamond 01-31-2007 10:38 AM

One thing I dont like about certain crypto sites. I don't see a method where you can set your currency as USD instead of GBP? This causes a problem for me, as I am never too sure where I am exactly at. Usualy I end up checking the latest currency exchange rate and then doing some math but since this value changes day to day, again it causes a little uncertainty for me. I'm wondering if I missed the obvious and could tell their server to log my currency as USD and keep it that way for my own easier reccord keeping?

corsakh 01-31-2007 10:56 AM

Why would you play on GBP tables to start with? Rake is two times as high, they are only good for notorious fishing.

Red_Diamond 01-31-2007 11:09 AM

I understand that, but you are missing the point. If I sign up on a UK skin, they base everything in GBP. When ever I go to my account everything is listed in GBP and not USD.

Eder 01-31-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I dont like about certain crypto sites. I don't see a method where you can set your currency as USD instead of GBP? This causes a problem for me, as I am never too sure where I am exactly at. Usualy I end up checking the latest currency exchange rate and then doing some math but since this value changes day to day, again it causes a little uncertainty for me. I'm wondering if I missed the obvious and could tell their server to log my currency as USD and keep it that way for my own easier reccord keeping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sit at USD limit table with entire roll to check end of day results.

Bobo Fett 01-31-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys...very helpful.

Boba: how would you rate the toughness at UB relative to Prima?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say Crypto is tighter, maybe not by that much though. Definitely very time-sensitive, Euro evening is the best time to play.