Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Special Sklansky Forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Clarifying Some Things About "Saura" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313928)

David Sklansky 01-24-2007 10:59 AM

Clarifying Some Things About \"Saura\"

Just a few things, some of which I've said before.

1. I didn't know she was a runaway.

2. If I had known she was a runaway or that she was 16 I would have sent her on her way. At least at first.

3. We lived together eight months and we were planning to stay together indefinitiely. At least I was. I was in the process of buying a 4500 square foot house for her, our cat, and our snake.

4. Although I believe I can say that every female I ever had a relationship with, including the young ones, does not regret it to this day (including that stripper who started this subject in the first place and recontacted me a few days ago [and might start her own thread]), I would not have thought that this would extend to 16 year olds. In other words I would predict that a sixteen year old girl would regret having a relationship with a 50 something year old guy. Even me. Wonderful as I am. The fact that Saura seems to be an exception is just dumb luck. I was always worried that I harmed her and only now believe I probably didn't. In spite of the fact that everyone including her mother, my mother, her probation officer, my son, her sister, the cops etc. etc. thought we should remain together. (I have written proof of that by the way.)

5. As far as the contention that I should have known her age, you have got to believe me that 98% of the time there was not the slightest hint. In fact there were some who told me that they had seen her before in Vegas. They were confusing her with a 24 year old. The people who were fooled did not see her only occasionally in social settings. My parents spent weeks with her. Ditto Mat and Mason. Same with two 19 year old girls who never doubted that she was older than her. She was never carded anywhere.(As for Phil's 153 comment that this shows I can't guess IQs I say why? It has nothing to do with predicting which questions someone could correctly answer.)

Of course none of this shows that Vince Lepore wouldn't have been suspicious. He's sure that he is more astute than all of us. And if he had met her he would have warned me. Which I'm sure he would have. So how do I prove to him that even he would have been fooled. No way is there. Oh wait a minute! More dumb luck. I actually CAN prove to him that he would have. Because he WAS. The big oaf met her at least two or three times during the many times she accompanied me to the Bellagio. Sheesh.

donkeylove 01-24-2007 11:36 AM

Re: Clarifying Some Things About \"Saura\"

If the law found no problem with the situation, then who cares about anyone else? Curious what she did the 2% of the time that was a slight hint. Cartoons?Pillow fights? Fascination with all things Britney Spears? I hope when I'm 50 some 16 year old girl pulls the wool over my eyes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nineinchal 01-24-2007 12:53 PM

Hey Dave,

I hear about all these guys on the internet, picking up these young broads, and then having all the related legal problems. Now it happens to a hot guy like David Sklansky. I never would have thought it possible you would be Mr. Excitment. I showed your picture from one of your books I was reading to some girls in a bar and asked would you want this guy to pick you up in a bar? In unison they said "no f..kin way!

Why do I always get the old, ugly, fat, chicks? You know, the type with the low self esteem, too many credit card debts and drug using kids who want money to go out with their friends.

Life and poker isn't fair.

Nineinch

adios 01-24-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. Although I believe I can say that every female I ever had a relationship with, including the young ones, does not regret it to this day (including that stripper who started this subject in the first place and recontacted me a few days ago [and might start her own thread]), I would not have thought that this would extend to 16 year olds. In other words I would predict that a sixteen year old girl would regret having a relationship with a 50 something year old guy. Even me. Wonderful as I am. The fact that Saura seems to be an exception is just dumb luck. I was always worried that I harmed her and only now believe I probably didn't. In spite of the fact that everyone including her mother, my mother, her probation officer, my son, her sister, the cops etc. etc. thought we should remain together. (I have written proof of that by the way.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some cops have weighed in on this? In writing? Her probation officer?? Hmmm..... Are there some details we're missing here?

BTW Vince doesn't claim to be a genius, you do so we'd expect you to be more perceptive than he is. Ditto for other non geniuses.

eviljeff 01-24-2007 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have got to believe me

[/ QUOTE ]

a rare hint of desperation

D.L.M. 01-24-2007 02:19 PM

i miss being 17. when all the 15 and 16 year old girls wanted to experiment. and it was legal to do it.

Knockwurst 01-24-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a few things, some of which I've said before.

1. I didn't know she was a runaway.

2. If I had known she was a runaway or that she was 16 I would have sent her on her way. At least at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

David, I do not doubt this at all. However, as others have pointed out in Saura's thread, statutory rape laws do not require that the elder of the two know that the minor is below the age of consent. I understand the age of consent in Nevada is 16; however that may not end matters particularly for an industrious prosecutor in the state from where she is originally. As I understand it from her thread, you met by way of phone conversations through a dating service of some sort. If the prosecutor could show that you intended for her to cross state lines in order to
engage in unlawful sexual activity (unlawful in the state she was from), or as the original statute stated, debauchery or some other immoral purpose, you may be guilty of a felony.

Pertinent section of the original Mann Act of 1910 also known as the White-Slave TRaffic Act:

SEC. 4. That any person who shall knowingly persuade, induce, entice or coerce any woman or girl under the age of eighteen years from any State or Territory or the District of Columbia to any other State or Territory or the District of Columbia, with the purpose and intent to induce or coerce her, or that she shall be induced or coerced to engage in prostitution or debauchery, or any other immoral practice, and shall in furtherance of such purpose knowingly induce or cause her to go and to be carried or transported as a passenger in interstate commerce upon the line or route of any common carrier or carriers, shall be deemed guilty of a felony.

However, the statute has been amended pursuant to 18 USC Sec. 2421, 2422 and 2423, and the pertinent section now reads:

2422(b): "Whoever, using the mail or any facility or means of interstate or foreign commerce (i.e. telephone) ... knowingly persuades, induces, entices or coerces any individual who has not attained the age of 18 years, to engage in prostitution or any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 5 years and not more than 30 years.

Just thought you might like to know.

Shandrax 01-24-2007 03:09 PM

What's the problem with her being 16? It's all relative. When you'll be 130 years old one day, she will be 90. People will cheer you and wonder if it was your healthy sex life what made you become that old.

Stuey 01-24-2007 03:22 PM

David,

I think this is a topic that most people are unable to change their initial opinions about even when given more information. Everyone has different goals in a relationship and they often do not understand other peoples motives. I really don't think you understand her motives here btw. If she can hide her age that good she can hide many other things.

The people criticizing you would probably not consider dating a person that was 21 when they are over 50 never mind 16. They may find the bodies of these people attractive but for them it is impossible to tolerate the immaturity and naivety of people this young. It makes these people unattractive to them. Similar to dating a mental handicapped person. They feel like they are taking advantage of the person. They are looking for someone similar to themselves not just someone that makes them feel good in a physical way. An equal not someone with little life experiences thus making them very easy to manipulate.

So I might sound like one of the detractors but I am not. The law can sort out stuff like this and it seems like no law was broken by you. I think the most important thing you should take from this is she ran away to escape abuse. Have other people much younger than you that you have dated also suffered from abuse? If this abuse makes them more likely to accept a relationship with a much old man does this in anyway disturb you? I am sure you felt these young people liked you for how you are or at least just for your money/power. Even tho I find the money/power thing more disturbing for some reason.

I am unsure as to how off topic I am here. But I have never been abused so I don't really understand what these people are going through. Were you ever abused as a child? Do you understand them? I know you don't like doing the "work" of researching stuff but understanding the behavior of a person that has suffered abuse might be enlightening.

leaponthis 01-24-2007 03:42 PM

David,

First let me say that this thread was basically what I was asking for from you. I was not aware that you had made another post on this subject. I try to read only this forum because I am (unjustifiably) banned from the others. I have read Saurav's thread for obvious reasons. But until Mickey mentioned it in his last post I didn't know there was another by you. Maybe I was just too lazy to look for one. Or maybe I didn't care, I do not know which. I will say that when you mentioned Richard Fenyman you made my head spin. That had something to do with my replies, I'm sure. Although from what I've read about Fenyman, after his wife died, he also had a hankering for the (young) ladies. Please do not say something silly like "great minds think alike."

My goal(s) in my response here were, are, not to judge you. But, I believe that from these two threads of yours that that is precisely what you are looking for from the readers of this thread. To be judged. I believe even more now that you feel that there is something about your relationship with Saurav that you feel guilty about. Well, Vince, duh! She was 16. I can answer my own questions occaisionally, so I don't ask them.

I've known you for quite a few years now and have seen you, jealously, in the company of a few, quite a few, beautiful young women. I racked my brain trying to remember this girl but I don't. I recall you introducing me to a few at Bellagio, the Rio and a few other places but this girl in particular...sorry, can't place her. I especially liked the two that you had with you when I met Jim Woods thru you and Mason at the Rio. Oh, I don't talk anymore about or to Mason because he has chosen to ignore me now but it is interesting that you say that he was fooled and he hasn't posted anything about it. That said, I will readily and openly admit that none, not one, of the many girls that I saw you with would I have guessed to be under 21. Close, but not under 21. Of course I do not believe that looks are the revealing factor in age determination.

Since you made a light of my astuteness I will make a few last points that I think are pertinent.

First let me say that, in my opinion, by starting these threads and allowing Saurav to post her thoughts that you are indeed a man of great courage and high character. I believe that you are a concerned parent and good citizen. I believe that you would never intentionally hurt any person, especially a young person.

I began the last thread by saying that after reading what you wrote that I had lost a lot of respect for you. Well, the truth is that after reading this thread I respect you even more than before. You are indeed a classy individual. Anyone reading these two threads should be able to read between the lines and put two and two together and see that I'm right in my estimation of you. They don't need to be a genius to see that. We all make mistakes. Some of us never admit it. Some of us admit it in their own way. Some of us aren't sure if what we did was a mistake. You do things in your own way and that's fine with me.

I also do things in my own way. 2 + 2 chose to ban me from posting here. They have that right. I let my ego get the best of me and chose to override their veto and post anyway. I have goaded you, as others have noted, into trying to get you to respond to me and in fact trying to get you to ban me. Well I was wrong. I am not important. I hope that you still say hello to me at the Bellagio. I am banning myself - again. Tell Mason I forgive him.

Vince Lepore