Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   AK no spade (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312929)

Crimson 01-23-2007 07:51 AM

AK no spade

Live, Oceans 11 20/40

SB is one of the best regulars in the game. He knows I can fold and back at me often.

Folded to me in the Highjack and I Raise AK no spade. The SB calls, and the bb calls.

KsTs3d

Checked to me and I bet, SB raises, BB folds, I 3bet, sb calls.

Js

SB checks, I bet, He raises, I call.

5s

Sb checks, I....

Now I think I should have folded the turn, I acted too quickly. But since i'm in this spot, do I bet?

goofball 01-23-2007 08:58 AM

Re: AK no spade

what are you hoping to accompish with a bet?

Chris Daddy Cool 01-23-2007 09:47 AM

give up

surfdoc 01-23-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is one of the best regulars in the game. He knows I can fold and back at me often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? And who are you? And what is going on with all the O11 posts. Not sure I like this. These games need to stay soft.

I don't think I want to bet and be hit with the trifecta. You are either crushinated or he made a play and is now giving up.

thirddan 01-23-2007 02:22 PM

what do people think about the turn?

i understand that villain is capable of making a movie, but this is a pretty bad board for the action that has happened...how bad is folding to the c/r considering we have no spade and don't plan on bluffing if another falls on the river?

private joker 01-23-2007 03:14 PM

Bad spot to bet. Villain has a strong non-flush hand, and he's making a defensive check-call, praying you don't have a spade. He's definitely showing down his two pair/set/straight hand.

As you know, the turn was the place to fold.

Crimson 01-23-2007 04:00 PM

I would be hoping to fold out set/2-pair hands that dont have a spade.

stinkypete 01-23-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if this guy is sort of okay but not very good, which it sounds like based on your description ("one of the best regulars"), he is never check/folding a better hand here. he's check/calling with a big made hand without a spade, or a weak flush that he already made on the turn. betting here would be criminal.

sternroolz 01-23-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not folding here unless he has a hand that can't beat yours. IE, he's folding almost everything that you beat here(therefore no value to your bet), and he is not folding anything that can beat you(2 pair or better).

goofball 01-23-2007 07:33 PM

imo you have a better chance of getting him to fold by raising if he bet then you do by checking here. His check is very likely defensive with a decent hand, possibly giving up with a bluff, and possibly checkraising an As.