Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I dont like this board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311373)

inferno 01-21-2007 01:18 PM

I dont like this board

Villian is unkown, going for the valuetown here or happy to show it down? What about the turn

Player 4: Small Blind ($1)
Player 5: Big Blind ($2)
** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to Hero: [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Player 1: Raise ($4)
Hero: Raise ($6)
Player 3: Fold, Player 4: Fold, Player 5: Fold,
Player 1: Call ($2)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Player 1: Check ($0)
Hero: Bet ($2)
Player 1: Raise ($4)
Hero: Raise ($4)
Player 1: Call ($2)
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero: Check ($0)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero: Bets...

MrWookie 01-21-2007 01:36 PM

Re: I dont like this board

Yeah, I think you can go to valuetown on this. He's not going to fold an A after your turn check.

mvoss 01-21-2007 01:43 PM

I bet/fold the turn and check behind on the river. Besides gaining a little value this doesn't let him draw to a split for free. It opens us up to getting raised out by a worse hand though but I don't think that will happen very often.

As played I think you can value bet.

unterfish 01-21-2007 01:57 PM

Yes. Why didnt you bet the turn? You get no info from a check which leaves you in the same situation on the river.
As played, I would bet/fold the river.

inferno 01-21-2007 02:40 PM

Checked the turn because I didnt want to put any more money in while behind, I kinda didnt expect the flushcard to come off and wasnt really focussed while playing this hand. I wanted to give villian a chance to bluff on the river so I would lose minimum and get it to showdown, that is call his river donk. But since he didnt bet the river I have no idea if im ahead or behind. Also I would hate it if he called my turn bet and donked the river.

AdamL 01-21-2007 02:57 PM

You have no reads, and I don't know 1/2, but getting check-raised on the turn here suggests normal players have a very strong hand and you could fold. Bet-fold turn... Bet-call if he bluffs too much.

sweetjazz 01-21-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have no reads, and I don't know 1/2, but getting check-raised on the turn here suggests normal players have a very strong hand and you could fold. Bet-fold turn... Bet-call if he bluffs too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bet-call if he bluffs too much. Check behind and call a river bet if he bluffs too much. First, this induces more bluffs than the turn bet, and even a frequent bluffer will you have drawing dead most of the time he check/raises.