Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   lets say I wanted to play poker right now... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310426)

cobrakai111 01-20-2007 02:28 AM

lets say I wanted to play poker right now...

I don't have epassporte set up and I panicked and pulled my funds from Full Tilt and Stars. Am I simply SOL and cannot play poker right now?

Sorry if this has been gone over, there are a lot of threads to fight through.

GoAheadRiverMe 01-20-2007 02:30 AM

Re: lets say I wanted to play poker right now...

ePassporte takes 7 days to fund. Other than that yeah you're screwed.

Computerb 01-20-2007 02:36 AM

Deposit with your credit card at UB.

Kosmos33 01-20-2007 02:36 AM

My understanding is that both Neteller and Moneybookers are open to US customers for non-gaming transactions. So a possibility would be to find someone you trust and do a "person to person" transfer at one of the ewallets and have that person do a "player to player" transfer to you at Stars or FTP.

Pokeraddict 01-20-2007 02:38 AM

Western Union

2461Badugi 01-20-2007 02:44 AM

Debit cards still work a lot of places.

I haven't checked today, but as of yesterday you could go from credit card to Bodog through NUCharge. There are some other small deposit-only options that I don't have on the top of my head anymore.

Chapter7 01-20-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Deposit with your credit card at UB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did this about a week ago. It worked fine. I'm hoping it still does otherwise I am in a similar situation.

iceman5 01-20-2007 02:29 PM

Based on this one post alone (original post), you should be able to figure out why poker at the mostly American sites liek PokerStars and Full Tilt will suck in the immediate future.

Alot of us keep 5-20 buy ins or more at out main site, but the casual player and or fish throws a couple hunder bucs into a site when he gets paid and play until he loses it. he may throw in another buy in or so if he feels like playing some more. Right now he cant do that. The fish will bust out whatever they have in their accounts and they are done....at least until something changes.

Lets hope it does very soon or win rates will plummet as we grind against each other.

Siegmund 01-21-2007 05:34 AM

The Bodog NUCharge recharge is still working as of tonight (and there's a good chance, I think, it'll continue to work for awhile... it may be a model we see a lot more of at other sites in the weeks to come.)

It is a 3% fee, reducing the effective Bodog bonus to 7 instead of 10. The bite of the 3% is lessed somewhat in that as a non-cash-advance credit card charge, you can get some cashback or miles or whatever.

LeapFrog 01-21-2007 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ePassporte takes 7 days to fund. Other than that yeah you're screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arg, please insert an 'I think' in there somewhere because you don't know for sure. I was I was able to verify and load off of a credit card in 10 minutes. Is the %5 take bad yes, but OP didn't put any stipulations in his post. Also it took about a week and a half to get my checking account verified.