Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Click2pay won't let me open an account. Anyone have this problem? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309796)

cracker10706 01-19-2007 12:44 PM

Click2pay won\'t let me open an account. Anyone have this problem?

This is a bit strange and I'm not sure what my options are, if any. Went through the process of opening an account. The web site indicated everything went well and I got an e-mail with my authentication code. When I tried to login to enter the code, the site said my account was locked.

I called customer service and after a lenghty wait, got through. When I told them about the account being locked, they said it was because I failed their security checks.

I asked for more specificity from them and was told they couldn't tell me anything because that would compromise their security. I mentioned to the person that one of their security questions was ambiguous (see below) and asked if that was the problem. They wouldn't tell me. I asked if I could try again to open the account and they said sorry, I could not. At this point they said they would not open an account for me and I couldn't use the service. I was out of luck.

I post this for two reasons. One, to let everyone know if they miss even one security question, you are going to get locked out of the system permanently. Second,to warn people if they think a security question is even slightly ambiguous, to stop the application and call click2pay to get guidance before submitting the application---otherwise you risk being locked out--like me.

So, you may ask, how do you miss a security question? Here's how.

One of the questions is: "Which of these people do you know?" One of the selections was "C Harold" and the other was "None of the above". A family member's name is Charles Harold, but he sometimes uses the name "C Harold" sometimes and sometimes uses the name "Charles Harold." I said I knew "C Harold" and suspect that was what got me. The answer could be "none of the above." Whether his name comes up as "C harold" or "Charles Harold" depends on which reporting agency they are using to get their info. None of the other questions was remotely ambiguous or even close to being a problem. The CSR did not want to hear my explanation of what the problem might be. She simply couldn't (or wouldn't) help me.

Anyone have any advice on how to try again or otherwise open an account?

Thanks for any ideas.

SlapPappy 01-19-2007 12:47 PM

Re: Click2pay won\'t let me open an account. Anyone have this problem?

please tell me that if you knew a person named C Harold that you didn't enter none of the above.

Rigel 01-19-2007 12:53 PM

Just signed up this morning- no problems. They even called me quickly to confirm. Only problem is I can only deposit 100 bucks the first week, have to wait a week to go up to 700 bucks.

cracker10706 01-19-2007 12:54 PM

I answered that I knew "C Harold" since, obviously, I did. My thought was that THEY might think the answer was "none of the above" and I answered incorrectly, since his name only shows up that way with certain credit reporting agencies. That why I thought this question may have been ambigious and the problem issue, but I'm guess because they won't tell me.

I posted for two reasons. One for ideas on what to do now, one to caution others to be extremely careful.

txbarbarossa 01-19-2007 12:55 PM

No probs here. Got my micro deposit, and I just deposited $50 ACH which will take a week or so. I assume after that I should be able to use it just like neteller.

[censored] UIGA

mistaken 01-19-2007 01:21 PM

I had the exact same problem, however... I haven't even been able to contact them. No email response either. What do we do?!?

cracker10706 01-19-2007 01:28 PM

I tried opening another account despite the fact that they told me it would not work. Had a similar problem, only this time the question was even worse. The security question was "When did you purchase your home at (address)" followed by 4 selections which were wrong (believe me, I know when I bought my house) and the last answer was "I don't know." What do you do there???

Not sure what to do, which was why I was soliciting ideas. When you do get though, however, I can assure you they will tell you you are out of luck.

DING-DONG YO 01-19-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried opening another account despite the fact that they told me it would not work. Had a similar problem, only this time the question was even worse. The security question was "When did you purchase your home at (address)" followed by 4 selections which were wrong (believe me, I know when I bought my house) and the last answer was "I don't know." What do you do there???

Not sure what to do, which was why I was soliciting ideas. When you do get though, however, I can assure you they will tell you you are out of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely not C2P's fault. They pull information for these questions directly from your credit report so either your credit report has incorrect info or maybe you're not remembering when you bought your house accurately.

Markusgc 01-19-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely not C2P's fault. They pull information for these questions directly from your credit report so either your credit report has incorrect info or maybe you're not remembering when you bought your house accurately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did some title research for a bit and saw large and frequent discrepancies between record dates and file dates on mortgages all the time. You can look up your file date and record date from your county's official public records search (95% of US counties have free searches). However, if they give you both dates as choices you might find yourself in the same boat again.

cracker10706 01-19-2007 01:55 PM

I am also familiar with that field and understand your point. However, I bought the place in Sept. 1990 and the closest choice they gave me was October 1997. All the other dates were later. Even given the time it takes to record the deed, I know it doesn't take seven years.

Thanks for the thought though.

Any idea on how to rectify the situation?