Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BB KK into a 3 way flop.. grumble! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308183)

Chrysiptera 01-17-2007 03:38 PM

BB KK into a 3 way flop.. grumble!

Unfortunately this only my 2nd orbit at the table so my
reads were useless...

I'm feeling like this was a good fold, but it hurt to do.. thoughts?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12.4SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero folds.

Poker Gestalt 01-17-2007 03:41 PM

Re: BB KK into a 3 way flop.. grumble!

meh it suck i know but your probable right. Against 2 peeps id lead the flop. id like to here the response on this too.

fretelöo 01-17-2007 03:50 PM

Bet the flop, see what happenes. If UTG raised with JJ pf and you check the flop, he'll often take a shot. If you bet and it comes back raised, I call (then having more evidence that I'm behind, yet having odds to draw to two outs) and fold the turn ui.

DrModern 01-17-2007 03:54 PM

Bet flop.

unterfish 01-17-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolution 01-17-2007 04:24 PM

You just gave the pot to the guy. I would at least fight for this pot. You represented strength before the flop and have the initiative so you can represent the A and see what happens.

Chrysiptera 01-17-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You just gave the pot to the guy. I would at least fight for this pot. You represented strength before the flop and have the initiative so you can represent the A and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

This all makes sense, but I'm still having trouble with the concept.. I feel like, with two callers, one likely has an ace, so the only way to win this pot is to push them off their better hand. Or am I wrong in my analysis?

-Chry

OziBattler 01-17-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
also if you only bet the Axx flop when you have the ace then you probably wont get paid off very well on said hands if you have somewhat observant opponents

fretelöo 01-17-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like, with two callers, one likely has an ace,

[/ QUOTE ]

The other way around: It's not unlikely that one has an ace. If they have it or not, you can't find out if you're not betting. UTG+1 raised KQs, MP2 coldcalled with 99 because he doesn't like 3betting them and hopes that his cold call will get other into the pot as well so that he can make $$$ when he hits his set.

Absolution 01-17-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
also if you only bet the Axx flop when you have the ace then you probably wont get paid off very well on said hands if you have somewhat observant opponents

[/ QUOTE ]

Also: 12.4SB