Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   $4/$8 at Foxwoods, KQs against tilting villain (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308015)

DrModern 01-17-2007 11:55 AM

$4/$8 at Foxwoods, KQs against tilting villain

Hey guys, I'm a micros regular but I figured this hand probably belongs here.

I'll post it street-by-street.

Villain in this hand has taken a couple of bad beats and is obviously tilting badly. He's spewing chips doing things like 3-betting an EP open raise with 97o. Anyway, he clearly does not like me, partly because I keep chatting with another 2+2er who is at my table, and seems to want to "get revenge" on the game.

I'm UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I raise.

Folds around to villain who 3-bets from the CO. Folded back to me. Cap or call and why?

Grease 01-17-2007 12:10 PM

Re: $4/$8 at Foxwoods, KQs against tilting villain

I definitely cap, especially if he hates you and is crazy almost every hand. He might have a decent hand like KJ, but if he does, you have him crushed.

Cap, reestablish your position, and put him back in his place.

Purgatory 01-17-2007 12:55 PM

I just call.

Obviously, we are ahead of his range here, so there is value in getting money in, but if he is spewing postflop as well, then I don't see any reason to reestablish control by capping. I doubt we have much folding equity postflop, and I am not sure I want to bloat the pot vs. an opponent against whom I may have to show down my K high. Anyway, I would imagine it will be easy to make up that small loss in preflop value on the times we do hit.

HoneyBadger 01-17-2007 01:08 PM

I'd also just call. You probably need to hit something to win this one. If he 3 bets he is likely to go to showdown with anything, even ace high.

BigBadBabar 01-17-2007 01:19 PM

i'd just call.

DrModern 01-17-2007 02:26 PM

<font color="blue">O.K., well I called.</font>

Villain in this hand has taken a couple of bad beats and is obviously tilting badly. He's spewing chips doing things like 3-betting an EP open raise with 97o. Anyway, he clearly does not like me, partly because I keep chatting with another 2+2er who is at my table, and seems to want to "get revenge" on the game.

I'm UTG+1 with KQ and I raise.

Folds around to villain who 3-bets from the CO. Folded back to me, and I call.

Flop:

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

What's your plan? Just bet out, maybe with the intention of 3-jacking it? Go for a check-raise?

Grease 01-17-2007 02:34 PM

With this flop, I like a B/C, C/R line. I would bet/3-bet against a crazy, and probably just keep ramming until I felt he might actually have a hand, but against someone who might respect you/slow down if you go nuts, I take this line against people who will just call the 3-bet and fold the turn (you eek out an extra SB).

There are a lot of good lines to take, and I think any of them that involve you putting a lot of money into the pot are all valid.

TripleH68 01-17-2007 02:34 PM

I like the call preflop.

Now check-raise. He will not figure you for a king so you have plenty of options after the check-raise.

ill rich 01-17-2007 03:40 PM

i play at foxwoods as well. (2-4 hold em)

anyways, yes, just call is probably the best play even though you probably have the best hand.

on the flop i'de go for the check raise and if raised, pop it up once more. if he reraises, just go into check call mode fearing two pair or trips unless you get a running full house, quads, or king high straight.

if he just calls your raise, keep betting at him until he shows agression in which case just call passively unless you hit the hands i mentioned above.

DrModern 01-17-2007 04:42 PM

<font color="blue">I went for the check-raise.</font>

I'm UTG+1 with KQ and I raise.

Folds around to villain who 3-bets from the CO. Folded back to me, and I call.

Flop:

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I raise, he goes to 3-town, what's your play?